AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hughes Directv w/Tivo and I have just got a Samsung SIR-TS160 Directv HDTV receiver.

Can I pass the satellite signal through one and into the other or do they have to wired seperately?

Can I pass the sat signal into the HDTV and then into the Tivo, in series?

Any suggestions on integrating these two receivers?

I know that I cannot record HDTV with the Tivo.

Thanks, details please!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Each DirecTV receiver, regardless of type, has to have separate satellite feeds. Besides, there is no way to do a pass thru of the sat signals. The only pass thru is for OTA or cable signals.

So in your case, you need three satellite lines, either directly from the dish or a multiswitch. Two for the TiVo and one for the HD receiver.

·
Registered
69 Posts
So when D* comes to install my $99 deal dish next week it should be a triple LNB dish then, right? Then I have one LNB going to my Hughes Directivo, one into the Samsung/Hughes HD Rec and the third into my other tv in the bedroom. Then I need to run each of the D* feeds from their boxes into my Onkyo rec in video 1/video 2, then one output into my Sharp LCD.

Will that work or am I confused?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your Hughes DirecTivo has 2 tuners and you want to use them both, you'll need 2 leads going into the DirecTivo, one into the Samsung, and one into the receiver in the bedroom. The new multi-satellite dishes that D* is installing have 3 LNBs and a built-in multiswitch with 4 outputs. So you shouldn't need an external multi-switch.

Rober

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mine didn't have the correct multi-switch. So when D* installed the $99 Tivo, they replaced the dish and the multi-switch for no additional charge. What a great deal. You really want the two tuners and they will make it work for you in terms of running cables and the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.