AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I set the Hughes E86 to output SD via the composite output, no matter what I do, I can't get the picture on my Panasonic 16 x 9 plasma to look that great. The options when in SD mode are full, zoom and 4:3 with bars. My Panasonic is set to 'JUST' mode. Full produces a somewhat stable image in the middle but severely stretched on the sides. When I had my Sony SAT-A65 on this same TV the TV did all the stretching and it looked GREAT! Now it looks like total crap, even when I am outputting it at 4:3 and letting the TV do the work. I don't understand how the two could be that different even though, theoretically, when in SD mode on both SAT receivers, I am outputting a 4:3 picture. Anyone care to comment?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I have a simliar problem. I don't use the SD output at all. I just leave it set to 16x9 1080i, and sometimes I stretch with the e86 and sometimes I don't. I try not to watch any SD.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I too have a similar problem with my Panny projector and the E-86 via the component cables. Upconverted SD is stretched horizontally and looks like total crap. It looks like I'm watching through a vaseline-coated anamorphic lens. Totally unwatchable. I guess I'm stuck with watching SD in 480i via the S-video cable. Like bdraw said above, I try not to watch too much SD (at least not on my PJ). Oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.