AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was at least one thread going over the summer regarding this issue....but I couldn't seem to come up with the proper search terms to bring me back to it.....so....

Was curious if anyone else who was having problems tuning into their Locals Via Directv with the actual channel # (i.e WCBS-NY is channel 2...but when you tuned to it with the remote it went to analog 2) has seen the problem rectified....on it's own? Noticed it about 5 days ago...on BOTH of my E86's...both are upgraded to 5104 BTW....

No matter how many times I tried re-scanning and checking/unchecking channels....the darn thing would ALWAYS tune to the OTA local channels first....and then I'd have to hit the "up" button on the remote to get it to go to the D* local channel.

Found it odd that BOTH of my STB's "fixed" themselves....and am I the only one who noticed this problem disappearing on it's own??(Not that I'm complaining of course!)

:confused:

·
Banned
972 Posts
Here the tip fix

1) Disconnect the power plug from the wall

2) Disconnect Your OTA Antenna Cable

3) Wait a few minutes

4) Plug In the Power Plug

5) wait for the Guide Data to download

6) after guide data downloads Reconnect the OTA Antenna Cable.

And Now Enjoy :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well just checked software on mine after reading your post and that 5104 was downloaded on May 21st (03?)and nothing after. (could't remember the #) Thought you implied a new download had taken place. Don't really have any problem with this receiver since I use it only for viewing DirecTV HD and OTA HD and just set the proper channel numbers as favorites. Use the DirecTVo as the "other" receiver. Glad to hear it fixed itself. That does happen when you un-plug many electronics, but other times they just die when you attempt this trick!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.