Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've had a Hughes E86 for a few months now - and have been using the RF remote throughout the house to control the receiver in my equpiment closet (which sends signal to all TVs in the house). Pretty cool.

Well, I'm getting near completion on my home theater - and am trying to set up my IR universal remote to control the Hughes receiver. Is there any way to do this? The Hughes manual doesn't really talk about IR codes for the receiver - just that the remote is capable of sending IR as well as RF.

For the time being, I'm trying to use my Yamaha remote (which is programmable / learning) to control my theater - and it's IR only. I have plans to buy a new remote in the future, but hope I don't have to buy an RF one to be able to control my Hughes receiver.

So, my question is: Is the Hughes E86 controllable with IR (in addition to RF)? If so, does the Hughes remote transmit IR simultaneously with RF so I can program a learning remote with IR codes?

Thanks for the help / advice!

Pete

·
Registered
21 Posts
works fine with my old Sony RM AV2100. I think it outputs both IR and RF simultaneously, thus allowing you to program it in to a Universal IR remote.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep, my E86 is programmed onto both my Sony and OFA universal remotes. The preset codes didn't work, but learing the keys from the Hughes remote was trivial.

dp

·
Registered
813 Posts
The Hughes works fine with my One For All AV Producer 8. The code (0749) did work fine. I did experience a problem with the RF interfering with my Radio Shack Pyramid IR Blasters. I use the blasters to control all my components which are in an enclosed cabinet. The pyramid takes my IR signals, converts them to RF, then sends the RF signals to a receiver behind the cabinet door. Some commands to the Hughes were getting multiplied and some were not working at all. Once I disconnected the RF antenna, everything worked fine. I can only control the Hughes (via IR) in the living room though.

Ralph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.