AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed on BOTH of my Hughes E86's (hooked into a Triple LNB dish) that I have NO guide info for a good portion of the 600's (Sports Pak) as well as 242 (USA Network).

I didn't get a chance to check the rest of the channels. BOTH receivers were set to 201 last night as they are most every night. I checked one other receiver in the house (GAEBOA) and it seems fine. The GCEBOA I have is taping something now so I can't check it until 10PM.

I'll probably do a reboot....but just found it ODD that BOTH E86's would display the same EXACT oddities at the same exact time. This is a few days AFTER BOTH E86's went back to the "local channel issue" WRT tuning to the ANALOG locals instead of the D* locals (well documented here).

Anyone else???

:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I lost program info on 242 this morning. A reboot fixed it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by greywolf
I lost program info on 242 this morning. A reboot fixed it.
Thanks Pat. Figured if I put "E86" in the title you'd pop up :D

I did the reboot before I heard from you. It worked....as usual.

It's funny how this "thing" works isn't it?

Anyone else out there notice an issue with regards to the online guide being blank?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
It's happened occasionally on every DirecTV receiver I've ever owned. Computers sometimes need a reboot. Some danged cosmic ray will come blasting in and flip the value on one bit in a memory chip and it's Action-Power or Ctl-Alt-Del.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pat,

Just curious....have you thought about upgrading from the E86 to another newer, more modern STB? I thought long and hard about the HTL HD which I assumed was from Hughes when I saw it at CC....but after reading the manual, it doesn't have the *things* a Hughes receiver SHOULD have. Most specificially:

-Oneline Guide

-RF remote

-As of right now, *most* don't have the OTA signal meter

Have you found ANY OTHER newer STB that have the above?

I *think* I'm going to wait until RIGHT AFTER the Super Bowl and hit BB/CC to look for open box HD STB specials (since this is when folks seem to return that shiny new STB they bought JUST to watch the OTA Super Bowl in HD....which makes NO sense to me....or they return the Christmas gift they got because they couldn't get it to work :p).

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
I'm waiting for the HD DirecTiVo unit. No other feature has given me upgrade fever yet.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
I'm waiting for the HD DirecTiVo unit. No other feature has given me upgrade fever yet.
Yes, I am too. I'm VERY interested in seeing if that unit has any similarities to the Hughes line of receivers...as the content/info I've seen on the DVR states it will be similar to the current line of DVR's in functionality and features....but I'm not sure if any of the Hughes Tivo's utilize the one line guide....and for me, that's probably THE most utilized feature on ALL my Hughes receivers.

I downloaded the SDDVR40 Manual off D*'s website, but haven't gotten a chance to peruse the 176 pages of the PDF file :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm noticing the same lack of guide info for most channels from 629 up to 654 or so (Sports Pak). One line guide at the bottom shows nothing (just blank). Same goes for the full channel guide. I leave both boxes on 201 when they are turned off for the night/during the day for long periods of time.

Happening right now on BOTH of my E86's. I know I can probably just reboot them and all will be well. I'm just TOTALLY intrigued by the fact that the same thing is happening to BOTH boxes at the same time.

Greywolf---I know you said you noticed something similar at the same time I did last week. How bout today??

Anyone else???

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Same here.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Same here.
I'd call D* to complain and ask WTF is going on........but I'm quite sure the responses I'd get here are more knowledgeable and competent than the ones a CSR can hand out :rolleyes:

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.