AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I hope you guys can follow this.......I have/had an E86 receiver that had a problem holding a signal on the 119 SAT. Around the sametime my Sony XBR had to go to the shop for repairs and is still in the shop http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif I called Hughes and they sent me a replacement receiver but when I hook it up by either coax or A/V connections I get no picture at all. When I say no picture I mean nothing not even searching for satellite or anything. Now with the A/V connection I do get sound but still no picture. I returned that receiver and got a replacement that does the samething. I sent the 2nd reciever back and I should be getting my 3rd receiver from Hughes today. Now everytime I troubleshoot over the phone with Hughes they tell me that the receiver should show a picture on A/V and that the system doesn't default to Component or S-Video for a picture. I tend to think this is wrong and I am wondering if anyone can provide some info.

Thanks

The Tv I am using now doesn't have component or s-video and I wont get my XBR back for another to try it with that receiver but the original E86 I had hooked up to the XBR first did work with the regular TV but the new E86 receiver will not work out of the box on a regular TV.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It sounds to me that your receiver is outputting the component video. (If I understand correctly.) Unlike, what I believe is the Sony HD100, the Hughes can only output 1 output at a time. So, you need to push the action then input button. This will return the output to the SD outputs.

------------------

Mitsubishi WS-55805

RCA DRD515RB

Pioneer VSX-D608

Pioneer DV-C302D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.