AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one using a E86 in the West palm area, recently have trouble with PBS channel 18-1. Have been receiving this channel for over a year. When I did a scan to try and add channel 55-1 (NBC), I lost channel 18-1. My guide shows channel 2-1,2-2, and 2-3 but no picture. I receive a 75+ signal on source channel for 18-1, but if I try to add in channel it comes as analog and no picture. Is anyone having similar problems or know how to fix this problem. PBS HD has some of the best pictures overall for HD.

Thanks,

David Bones

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found a temporary fix for getting 18-1 and 18-2 back on E-86 receivers. I have a two antenna setup with an AB switch. Antenna A facing south and antenna B facing north. Antenna B (facing north) shows 0% signal on the signal meter for channel 18 which is expected. What I found by accident is by having no signal on channel 18 and than tuning to 2-1 and than add signal (in my case simply switch to antenna A) for the first time since December the picture appeared! However it disappeared shortly afterwards but the good news is 18-1 appeared in my guide and the channel works flawlessly. You have to repeat the process for channel 18-2. If you are using a single antenna setup you would have to simply disconnect it tune to 2-1 than reconnect the antenna. (Two very important steps, PBS must be sending a signal at the time you are doing this exercise and you have to tune to 2-1 or 2-2 AFTER you have disconnected the antenna.

This all relates to what I mentioned last week about Ron Garrison with TV Solutions is working on with DirectTV. Last December DirectTV added PBS programing in their guide for south Florida and that is when the problem started with the E86. Ron expected the software fix to be implemented soon.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Quote:
This all relates to what I mentioned last week about Ron Garrison with TV Solutions is working on with DirectTV. Last December DirectTV added PBS programing in their guide for south Florida and that is when the problem started with the E86. Ron expected the software fix to be implemented soon.
Good luck with that ... I've been waiting for Hughes/DirecTV/Whoever to fix this problem in another market since last September ... I don't think anyone at Hughes/DirecTV even understands what the problem is much less how to fix it. :rolleyes:

HDC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.