Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Rich,

I called today and my receiver is shipping to me today, 2 day fed-ex. I will have it Thursday and hope to get it installed on Saturday. I to am looking for someone that already has it, even if they have been a beta tester, to answer a couple questions.

How was does the box do in upconverting standard signals? Is it better than say the Mits internal doubler?

Will the box output multiple signals at once? ie a signal being sent through component and s-video at the same time. Of course, only for standard signals. Or do you have to switch?

Also, I don't have an s-vhs vcr. I order to record, do I need to use composite to the vcr from the set top box? Obviously this wouldn't be a very good picture, but if I need to record, I have no other choice right now. Naturally I want to use s-video or component out to watch tv.

Thanks go anyone that can help,

Neal

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
I should be receiving mine tommorrow. If it's like the DST3000(with the exception of the Darker picture) the upconversoin looks good. No need to use the s-video with the exception of recording. Also the DST3000 would not pass both signals at the same time, but Hughes can do more with their boxes if they choose since they build them for Toshiba and Mitsubishi. The menus (I have heard but not seen yet) run faster on the Hughes box then the Mits and Toshiba boxes.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Carbo,

Thanks for replying. That sounds good if you are correct. If you get yours in, would you mind posting or emailing im and letting me know how it goes and your initial impressions. The earliest I am gonna get to see mine in action is Saturday, so I'm just looking for some initial information.

Thanks again,

Neal

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Carbo,

Actually, I won't get to see it in action for more days, the bank is oh so slow with the paperwork for closing. But if you wouldn't mind telling me how the upconverted pic and operations of the box look, I would appreciate it.

Thanks ,

Neal

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
PGA,

I received mine earlier today. It is a identical unit of the DST3000(and Mits). Just to run things down step by step:

1) The Hughes come with a few more things then the DST3000.

a) it comes with a RF remote.

b) it comes with a cheapo optical cable that is as thin as a hair, but I guess it better then nothing(I'm not using it, but at least I have extra one now just in case.

2) When you first set it up. It comes from the factory defaulted to s-video not component, so you need to plug in a s-video to start off.

3) It's menus run the same as the DST3000's speed wise. I like Hughes menus the best(but that is all just personal preferences). If you have used them before they are identical.

4) The picture is where the difference starts, the Hughes side by side with a DST3000 and DTC100. Compared to the DST the picture isn't as dark and has more detail(but I believe I had a defected unit). Compared to the DTC100 it is slightly darker.

5)Then the temperature of the unit doesn't run as hot as the DST3000. The DST ran extremely warm.

The unit is very nice. It works like prior Hughes units. The APG mixes in locals and DirecTV channels smoothly. The guides work quickly. The menus are not the fanciest but give all you need. The picture is great. And the unit is cheaper then the DST and gives you more for your money.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Carbo,

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like a great unit. I can't wait to get mine up and running in about a week. I haven't ever used satellite, so everything with the interfaces and picture quality will all be new to me. I just know I can't wait to see HD on my Mits. I'm gonna get to see what I have been spending so much money for.

Thanks again for the run down,

Enjoy your box,

Neal

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
Pga,

Have fun. If you have any questions let me know.

Carbo.

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
PGA,

Have fun when you get and if you have any questions let me know.

Carbo

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Carbo,

Thanks, if I come up with anything I will let you know.

I appreciate our help.

Neal

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dean,

I'm glad you got things straightened up with your system. Robert is a great guy and is a pleasure to do business with. My E86 should be arriving today in the next couple hours. Unfortunately my move in day to the new house has been pushed back until next week, so I have to wait a little while to get things up and running. Oh well, atleast I will have all the equipment ready and have plenty of time to read up on all the features before I get to see them.

Enjoy your system, and I can highly recommend **************** as well.

Neal

·
Registered
164 Posts
At 1:30pm Today JR of Orbitsat advised me that the HIRD-E86's are in and he will have them available on a first come first serve as to the completion of the reserved list units all being shipped today, so I would advise anyone who was waiting for this unit they are in and being shipped, he also advised me that the Sony SAT-HD100 units are also available. I told him I would post it here after our conversation.

orbitsat.com

------------------

Graphics

STOP DVI/HDCP AND DFAST

·
Premium Member
1,912 Posts
To anyone,

I would have to say that of all the places I've purchased things from. **************** is one of the best. The guy(Robert) is a nice guy, he knows his stuff and goes out of his way to help. It's nice to have a small place to buy things from instead of the big corporations that have people that know what they are talking about and can't help you. Plus they specialize in Hughes and not to many places do.

Carbo

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I completely agree with Carbo.

Robert at **************** is a great guy, knows what he is talking about, and doesn't have a problem answering your questions. Its also a brick-and-mortar store in New York, so its not just an e-store.

Great place to buy.

Neal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Called **************** last Tuesday (3/20) at 2:30PM EST after reading that they had the TITAN E86 in stock. Was told by **************** that the units were arriving DAILY and that if I purchased then, they would ship by next Monday (3/26).

Well, it is now Friday (3/23) at Noon and the wife just called, the TITAN E86 IS WAITING AT THE HOUSE. (Sorry to shout!)

What a deal. Got it over a week earlier than I thought!

Thanks ****************! Also, I told them I got the recommendation here..... Just to give you guys a plug too!

Now, I must get out the chainsaw and clear a path to the south western sky!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Congrats on the new receiver. Have fun with it...hopefully more fun than with the chainsaw.

Neal

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.