AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hughes GXCEBOTD sat box. Does anybody knows the IR code for this box with replaytv 5000, any specific code that works with this model.

harry

·
Registered
419 Posts
I uses 7470A for my GAEBOA and my IR Blaster. Works fine, although the IR Blaster keeps falling off the front of the box.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry123
but does these codes works for Hughes GXCEBOTD sat box.
No the GXCEBOT is a TiVo. Those others are standard Hughes DirecTV receivers. I don't think any TiVo code will be found in the ReplayTV code base. The GXCEBOT is the same code as a Philips or TiVo brand TiVo.

Chris

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry123
Chris you mean to say that i should uyse the philips box code with this box.
No Harry I mean to say a ReplayTV will not control a TiVo. The GXCEBOT uses the same code as a Philips TiVo not a standard Philips DirecTV receiver.

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Hughes GCEB0 receiver and use the serial cable connect instead of the IR. I find it to be much more reliable.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just hooked up my RCA DRD420RE last night with serial and it's a LOT better than IR control. Unfortunately the serial cable is about 3 inches long. Anyone know where to get a longer one?

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Yes using a serial cable with a standard Hughes DirecTV receiver will be better than the IR control for most. The topic of this thread concerns the GXCEBOT, a combo DirecTV Receiver with TiVo. No serial cable control and no IR control is available, to the best of my knowledge, to allow a ReplayTV to control a TiVo.

Chris

·
Registered
915 Posts
Rugby...since you asked her, I'll answer here. The adapter that goes from 9pin to RJH is 3 inches long. You can pickup a cable at radio shack to extend it...

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I have a Hughes HIRD-E86 DirecTV/HD receiver. Will one of those codes work for it? Will it tune to sub-channels like 7-1?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ReplayLyndon
Rugby...since you asked her, I'll answer here. The adapter that goes from 9pin to RJH is 3 inches long. You can pickup a cable at radio shack to extend it...
ReplayLyndon

Thanks for answering the question, is it simply a serial extension cable? I have one (somewhere in a computer parts box around here). Would that work, or is it something else I need to look for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.