Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hookem:
This is a great deal. If I want to get DirecTV later on, all I need to do is get an 18x24 oval dish, right? Anyone know how much those cost (i.e., I see them for about $130.) I guess what I am asking is this: will most dealers do a deal in which they give me a discount on just the dish (no receiver) if I make a programming committment?

for current DTV customes, you can get a second 18" dish and use a channelplexer to combine the signals. It does the same thing as the 18x24". 18" dishs are a lot easier to find and i've gotten them at garage sales for $10.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Any reason to get this over the DTC100? I'm just curious as I own the DTC100 and generally are happy with it, but the menus are slow and the 540P scaling of SD isn't that hot. Has anyone seen the Hughes?

Tom

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is a great deal. If I want to get DirecTV later on, all I need to do is get an 18x24 oval dish, right? Anyone know how much those cost (i.e., I see them for about $130.) I guess what I am asking is this: will most dealers do a deal in which they give me a discount on just the dish (no receiver) if I make a programming committment?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Same here. Anyone care to compare and comment?

I've also read in one of the HT rags that the OTA reception is better with the Tosh/Mitsu/Hughes, as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.