AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my second Hughes HD Plat receiver--the first had OTA reception problem. I now have a different, frustrating problem. I have the unit connected to Direct TV and to an OTA antenna (signal strengths all continuously excellent for local digital stations). After initial setup, everything worked fine. All local virtual digital stations were found under local area setup (virtual channels such as 11-1, 2-2, etc.). After about 15 minutes all local virtual channels are lost and "transposed" to actual physical local digital stations both under local area setup and in direct TV guide. These are then listed as analog rather than local digital. When I try to access by physical number, the screen is blank. At this point I cannot even clear these stations and rescan. I have to reset the system, re-acquire the entire guide, and then rescan. The local virtual channels will reappear but all will be lost in about 10 to 15 minutes. Hughes tech support has not been helpful. I am very frustrated and ready to return this unit.

Any like experiences?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.