AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jensen Surround Sound System that has developed a very loud hum coming from the subwoofer. I thought it may be a ground problem but it continues to hum when there is nothing connected to it except the power cord. Should I chunk it and start over?!

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem with the ground. Check your connections to the power supply and your outlet. Then again, your other problem is, it's a Jensen. :D

Ian

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sounds like a bad power supply in the sub. Chuck time. Perhaps salvage the woofer.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps salvage the woofer.
:eek:

You're kidding right? :D

Ian

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just hooked up my new DD-15 and all is well again, however I'm trying to figure out what to do with my old F-1800RII. It served me well for years before developing an incurable hum (along with random pops and distortions) and I have no idea what I'm going to do with this huge (beautiful) box and 18 inch driver.

Assuming it is the power supply, is there any way I can fix it? I emailed Velodyne tech support a while back and didn't hear anything.

TIA for any advice.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Go on the Velodyne support thread and post your question. I am certain that either Bruce or Curt will be able to help you. Good luck!

Ian

·
Registered
7 Posts
well if its no good chuck it and then hook up the sub directly to the AC and watch it smoke!!!!!! Its always fun to watch a transducer Launch from too much power.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdisk
Try to float the ground from the power plug by using the 3-prong to 2-prong adapter
Thats a band-aid approach and I personally don't recommend it. Try getting it fix first.

Ian

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertynerd
I have no idea what I'm going to do with this huge (beautiful) box and 18 inch driver.
Even considering the cost of having it serviced, I certainly wouldn't consider it's worth to be reduced to that of the box & driver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.