Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

as you perhaps know CinePlayer 4 (new Cinemaster) is out.

Because of the fact that DVDGenie is currently not working with the new version I'm on the hunt for regestry settings or hack to improve picture quality.

For my system GeforceGTS on PAL DVDs I fond that the picture quality is much better with force weave (only possible with HW Acceleration?).

Registry:

Hkey_local_machine/Software/Ravisent/Cinemaster DS DVD/1.0/Videodecoder

Set Key DXVAForceWeave to "1".

Please give me some of your test results and tweaks.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
I played around with various settings and

think that software decoding looks best

on my system.

If I turn on Radeon DXVA iDCT it chokes

at my 1920x1080 desktop resolution, so

I have to reduce my resolution to 1600x1200

(or below) for it to playback properly.

Running at 1600x1200 I tried different

registry settings and decided that the default

settings (with software only playback)

look best.

I didn't really like the results from

forcedWeave, and couldn't find any other

tweaks that improved anything.

There is some sort of showFPS flag that is

interesting. In hardware acceleration mode

it didn't seem to do anything, but in software

mode it showed the rendered frames per

seconds and some fancy animated graphs

showing some of the details of the bitstream

as it is playing.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello,

I have better results with the force weave settings, but I use PAL DVDs only so there could be a problem in reconition of the film mode.

I'm not able to ForceWeave in SoftwareMode. Does someone know a way to do this?

CU

Frank

·
Registered
988 Posts
I found the setting below eliminated the interline flicker problems on menus and poorly flagged discs.

HKLM\\software\\Raviscent\\Cinemaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder\\DXVAConfig\\bConfigSpecificIDCT=1

Steve

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
I have turned on all possible hardware tweaks that were disabled by default with great success. However, if you want Zoom player or WMP 8 to play vob's with DXVA enabled (I have only tested this under XP), you need to replace the version 610 video filter with the one slightly older (ATI player 5.0 version). You will have full hardware capabilities on ANY card and using zoom player using all the features. If you disable DXVA, you don't have to worry about this. However, I find it highly desirable to take full advantage of DXVA.

PS: I also figured out a solution for "Start on full screen" bug. You have to manually enter a registry value to get it to start in full screen.

One more thing. Although, the "Ravisent: Audio device" s/pdif driver is very sensitive to CPU activity (choppy during menu selections), it is definitely the best audio I have heard so far. If I want more stable audio s/pdif support, I just switch it to the standard S/PDIF output directly to the audio card.

My .reg tweak files are for XP/2000 files only.

If you guys have any specific questions about the registry entries or tweaks, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think, but can't confirm, that the filters for both Ati DVD 5.0 and Cineplayer 4 are stored in Program Files/Common Files/Ravisent Shared/

If so, then the newer installation will most likely replace older files!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mkanet

My .reg tweak files are for XP/2000 files only.

If you guys have any specific questions about the registry entries or tweaks, feel free to ask.
Wow, this sounds great. Please give us (me) more information about your registry improvments. I'm interested in everything to improve the Cineplayer4.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

thanks for sharing the registry files. I have nearly the same ;)

Some questions I could answer until nor. Perhaps you or someone else has an information.

What is the effect of these keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Ravisent\\CineMaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder]

"ForceDeInterlace"=dword:00000000

"ForceProgressive"=dword:00000000

I think there are some importend setting under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Ravisent\\Cinemaster DVD\\4.0\\win2k\\devdb]

Have you tried some of these?

CU

Frank

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by frbie
Hello,

thanks for sharing the registry files. I have nearly the same ;)

Some questions I could answer until nor. Perhaps you or someone else has an information.

What is the effect of these keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Ravisent\\CineMaster DS DVD\\1.0\\VideoDecoder]

"ForceDeInterlace"=dword:00000000

"ForceProgressive"=dword:00000000

I think there are some importend setting under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Ravisent\\Cinemaster DVD\\4.0\\win2k\\devdb]

Have you tried some of these?

CU

Frank
I think any registry settings with the word "Force" means that there might be a problem with the software and certain configs/DVD's,etc...

Just to be sure, I enabled hardware optimization under the "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Ravisent\\Cinemaster DVD\\4.0\\win2k\\devdb]" key. I forgot to mention that. Although, I dont know if that made a difference or not. I think that's about it for now. Unless there are some undocumented keys.

Perhaps there are some I missed?

·
Registered
288 Posts
What does ForbidRegionCheck do ?

Sounds obvious, but it still won't play a DVD if it is not the same region as the internal windows region code!

Bah!

·
Registered
24 Posts
like most cineplayer users, i am truly impressed with the video and audio quality...

however i am having some problem with lip synching after playing a movie for some time (20 mins) ... 2 things will happen. either the audio is totally out of sync or the audio will be garbled.

i've played around with some of the settings but just couldn't solve the audio sync problem.

any help/suggestion?

powerstrip: 1280 x 720 @ 75

dvd: asus 8x dvd, windvd 3.055, cineplayer 4

video: ati 32 mb ddr, 6.13.3276

audio: delta dio 512125

what is the effect of enabling software playback?

under the audio option, i have ravisent: delta dio and delta dio. which one should i choose?

what is the effect of disabling the audio switching?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mkanet
For those of you interested in using superbit dvd's. enabling the bConfigBitstreamRaw"=dword:000000ff for DXVA (included in my reg tweak) may be a good idea.
Sorry, but what are superbit DVDs?

Quote:
What about the "display.dontuseagp" setting? Mine is set to "1". What does this mean. Anybody?
Same in my config. Did you de-activate it and see a difference?

CU

Frank

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
farahaqil, I am seeing that problem with DTS. I found that if you pause for a second or two and then play again, it goes away. That is the only solution I have found. Also I did experience more problems using the audio setting with RAVISENT: in front of it. But others say that setting sounds better. I am not sure what the audio switching setting does.

frbie, I haven't tried that one yet. But I am really curious what it does or means. If I tried it out, I probably still wouldn't know the answer to that questrion.

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
>> Sorry, but what are superbit DVDs?

It is a brand name for a new batch of

DVDs from Sony/Columbia/Tristar.

They have some re-releases of "5th element",

"Air Force One", etc...

They use a higher datarate than most other

DVDs and the picture quality is basically

as good as it gets with DVD.

I am not sure why mkanet's suggested reg