AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 10 year old home with a home theater and 7 Hunter Douglas shades. I have no documentation on the shade control. In a cabinet there are 2 HD 12V power supplies and 3 HD control units with wires from the shades connected to them. There is a Crestron remote for the theater and when I press the "Theater Initialize" button the shades close. I'd like to not have to use the Crestron for the shades. I also have a Hunter Douglas hand held remote with buttons numbered 1 thru 12 and OPEN, STOP, CLOSE but this remote does not operate the shades. When I press buttons on it however, the green signal LEDS on the HD control units flash indicating a signal is being received. I have tried different button sequences like 1 CLOSE, 01 CLOSE, etc but no action. The 3 control units are not the serial interface model that I have found on various websites. They are a newer version which I can't seem to find. Does anyone know how to key in commands on the HD hand held remote? Any other advice to get the HD hand held remote to operate?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The first thing we need to do is establish which units these are. The HunterDouglas EasyRise motorized shades use 24v, not 12v, so I am not recognizing what you have.

Can you do some digital photos and email them to me. I'll get one of the HD factory technical guys to identify them as a starting point. I am a HunterDouglas dealer.

[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts