AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE:

I have had an opportunity to view the prototypes of the 2010 Hunter Douglas motorized and remote control products and there are some great changes coming that we are going to like.

First of all, the access to Power Rise Platinum Technology by home automation systems will have several different approaches that will solve most all of the problems discussed in the various threads.

Hunter Douglas now sees the future as we have been seeing it. That is, the future is a motorized, remote control, home automation world. Something we've all known for a long time now.

I'm sure it's not perfect for every need, but it's a big step from the "no go" situation we've been in with these shades.

I'm not authorized to say more, I just wanted those who have been frustrated like I have been to know the cavalry is coming.

· Registered
1,206 Posts
This post deserves a bump!!!

· Registered
404 Posts
Automated drapes are habit forming. I have three cellular units now controlled from a wall switch. I would like remote control and timed control via RF.

If that capability is coming I will change plans for re-doing the next room being semi-redecorated and investigate [modifying upgrading replacing] some manual units that I have.

I just wish I could find a decent quality motorized drape rod with RF control for less than a small fortune.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug2 /forum/post/18708800

I just wish I could find a decent quality motorized drape rod with RF control for less than a small fortune.

"Small fortune" is a relative term.

I agree, motorized rods seem terribly high priced. Hunter Douglas is coming with a new lower cost motorized rod some time this year. I don't believe it will be RF, but I believe it will have switch contact as well as IR. I had a chance to operate a prototype, but what hits the market might be different. At least they're working on it. The intention is a decent price point, but everyone has their own acceptable price.

The new PowerRise 2.0 is now available, and can be operated with switch contract, RF or IR. That's a big change from the past. There are some other control options in the pipeline, but things in the pipeline don't always make it to market.

Hunter Douglas is no longer available on-line (as of June 1), only through local dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.