AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Take a look.

This will be my equip closet.

The before photo you can see that the door is on the outside of the frame. And I wanted to cover the door with the same fabric as the wall's and I wanted to have the chair rail continue across the door. But I wanted to make it look there was no door on that wall...so what I decided to do is...make two doors one on the top for the equip and the one on the bottom would be for the DVD's.

And I will inset the doors in the frame...so then that way it is all nice and flat and the chair rail will split up the two doors.

Before

Halfway

·
Registered
5,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinintheoc /forum/post/0

Hey Brad,

That layout is not to scale.

And just keep in mind..that pool table will be out of the room and the seats will be push back.

By the way I took a look at your HT......It's looking good

Oh cool, I didn't read enough into your comment about the pool table. Thanks re: my HT - pity all I have for my efforts so far is a SketchUp model. I live in the general area, so I'll be tracking your thread and awaiting your grand opening!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Looking really good!

Any plans for dealing with the light (windows) during the daytime?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Willis /forum/post/0

Looking really good!

Any plans for dealing with the light (windows) during the daytime?

I'm going to make some really nice dark fabric drapes for the windows...And then you will see no light.

·
Registered
899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillinintheoc /forum/post/0

I'm going to make some really nice dark fabric drapes for the windows...And then you will see no light.

Cool.

Light is harder to control then one would think. I have two normal size windows in my theater. I used Gila Black Window Film (room darkening) on the outside of the window, normal 2" plantation window blinds (same as in the entire house) and then some nice black velvet drapes for mine.

Can't even tell whether it's 1pm or 1am when in there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey Guy's,

Take a look....I have got alot done in the HT room.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Looks great chillin, I like your fabric choice, and the flush av cabinet I think is going to look excellent too, I'm planning on doing something similar. Looks like you're getting really close, exciting times!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Alright, give it up. What is the fabric style and brand. I want it in my theater.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgonzomd /forum/post/0

Alright, give it up. What is the fabric style and brand. I want it in my theater.

Hey mbgonzomd,

I got the Fabric an Joann's Fabric.....It is on sale this weekend...50% off

It will be $15 bucks (#7143779 name Cordella Firethorne)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but have you tried SMX in front of your TV in a light controlled room? The light leakage through the screen could bounce off the TV and shine back through the screen, causing distracting brightness uniformity issues, or worse. People usually use an opaque screen for this kind of setup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindahl /forum/post/0

Not to burst your bubble, but have you tried SMX in front of your TV in a light controlled room? The light leakage through the screen could bounce off the TV and shine back through the screen, causing distracting brightness uniformity issues, or worse. People usually use an opaque screen for this kind of setup.

Good info to know...But I don't have the SMX screen yet

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love the sofit above the stage and the side cabinet work. Do you have anymore details on this? Design, plans, photos?

I am looking to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansprance /forum/post/0

I love the sofit above the stage and the side cabinet work. Do you have anymore details on this? Design, plans, photos?

I am looking to do the same thing.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

The photos that I posted is all the photos I have...And I have no design plans....I just had the idea in my head and we to work.

Just let me know if you need help with something and I will do my best to help you out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
All I can say is WOW!!!!

I just got all of my cables in today from Monoprice...

I'm very imprest with the quality and the cost of these things. The connectors are the same found on much higher priced cables...Fast shipping. Excellent services. High quality product at cheaper price....if you are looking for Cables you need to take a look at www.monoprice.com .

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was checking out your theater and I had some questions about how you completed the process.

1. How did you overlap the fabric so you do not see the seams?

2. How did you work the corners?

3. How did you cover up the staples or nails?

Progress looks great, any updated photos?

Ryan

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I had a chance to check out his theater today, and it was really nice. The sound was awesome, can't wait tell it is all done.

Michael

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
yah whats up with some updates

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Sorry guys...I haven't updated you lately.

We have a new baby in the house and she doesn't let me work on the HT to much.....hehehehe

Well we have the Base board and the Chair rail done and still need to do the Crown Molding,

I got all of my AV components and I'm working on hooking it all up this week.

Audio: 7.1 System (M&K Sound)

Subwoofer: (M&K Sound- insane PRO 51600) TWO 12 that will knock your socks off.

Receiver: (Denon 2807)

Projector: Mitsubishi (Mitsubishi HC3000)

TV: Pioneer (Elite 60)

Screen: (110 SeymourAV Electronic roll up Audio Transparent Screen)

Seating: (Butt Kickers 1000W Amp with 2 LFE)

TIVO: HD Tivo

Toshiba XA2 HD DVD Player

APC J10 AV Power Conditioner with Battery.

Hey Rayn,

1. How did you overlap the fabric so you do not see the seams?

(I covered it with the Chair Rail)

2. How did you work the corners?

(with furring strips)

3. How did you cover up the staples or nails?

(With the Base Board and Chair Rail)

Hope this helps

21 - 40 of 55 Posts