AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is WHNT still shutting down at 10:30? Tried at midnight on Sunday to get it and it wasn't there. Tuned in to watch CSI last night and found the country music awards in low-def. :(

Anyway, anybody heard anything else about NBC, ABC, or PBS and their plans?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Unfortunately, Darin, 10:35 is when they usually shut down. We only get the first part of Dave's monolouge.:(

No other word on any other station going digital. Maybe some day, but not soon. It's too bad that non-commercial stations (PBS) are not held to the same timeline as commercial stations are.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Yup WHNT is still shutting down at 10:30 to conserve power.

Since Letterman isn't in HD it's no biggie to me.

TitanTV is listing WZDX (Fox) as coming online June 1st but I think that is clearly wrong as I have not heard anything through the grapevine on that one.

·
Registered
712 Posts
How far out into Madison are you recieving the signal. I live on the outer northern edge of Madison county and wonder if OTA reception can be a reality because it stinks in the analog format. Have been toying with the idea of the RCA DT-100 but have a hard time justifying the $$$ to catch the Tropicanna Swimsuit Contest on HDNet, well my wife has a hard time with that not me....

Any word on when more stations might come on line would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm roughly 10 miles SW of the Monte Sano transmitter...getting signal strength in the 90s with a DTC-100.

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
I am out in Harvest and get near 100% signal with a 110" antenna in my attic. A rooftop antenna should pull the feed from up to 60 miles out.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Alexander
I am out in Harvest and get near 100% signal with a 110" antenna in my attic. A rooftop antenna should pull the feed from up to 60 miles out.
Out in Harvest? Where at? I'm in Winter Ridge Sub. off of Pine Grove Rd. and Wall-Triana. Maybe we can get together on set-ups.

Wolfie

·
Premium Member
14,299 Posts
I'm off of Ford's Chapel Rd behind Anderson Hills in the Chapel Estate subdivision.

My HD display consists of:

Mitsubishi 65807 HDTV

Dish 6000 HD receiver

·
Registered
533 Posts
Is it the station or my equipment? WHNT seems to not be broadcasting several times during the 10:30am - 10:30 pm testing. Usually there is a blackout during the news but 'Andy' always seems to be broadcast afterwards. Thursday I was all primed for CSI, watched all the commercials right up to the show then all I got was a bunch of green horizontal lines. The night before Miss Universe was viewed without a hitch. The reason I am wondering is that have just brought a HTPC on line with a MyHD board. I've running DVD's this way without any problems. I'm driving a Mits 65" RPTV via the RGBHV input and using a ChannelMaster 4228 w/preamp to ensure a good OTA signal.

Thanks...

P.S. Last weeks 2 hour CSI had no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.