AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning the construction of a hush box - see attachment. I was planning to add ducts on the sides with intake/outtake fans but when doing the drawing I came to realize that the box will be much bigger than the projector. Do you think it's even necessary to add active air flow or will the large box which is open to the adjacent room provide enough flow?

Forgot to add on the illustration that the box is 14" high and the projector is 6.5" high.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would consider an auxiliary fan to aid circulation in the hush box. In the limited space, the airflow may have a tendency to recirculate, inducing warm exhaust air back into the projector. It wouldn't be 100% recirculation, but it could be enough to shorten bulb life in your projector. In my hushbox, I used a foam divider, trimmed to match the contours of the projector and the hush box, to completely isolate the intake side of the projector from the exhaust side so there was no chance of recirculation.

Middle Atlantic Products has a great White Paper on proper equipment cooling and common cooling mistakes.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts