AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got ye ole nec 9200. And ye is a loud ass. So im planing on sitting it up vertical in a 2ft by 3ft hush box ( bout 4-5" of clearance on every edge). The problem seems to be the fans. What should i use? I have a 3foot long radail fan thats tollerable, it might work if i place it on the bottom. How much air flow do i need? Would 2 120mm panaflos do it? If i have to use 12v fans, can i tap into the power of the projector, and if so, where ( the fan headers are a no no, they get slower with each fan thats bridged onto them)? Ive tryed a few aixal house hold fans, but they are all pretty loud and wont spin slow enough to be quiet.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Check out http://www.mpja.com/fullindex.asp for a nice selection of fans, both AC and DC, and please _search out and read the hushbox threads_! Insufficient airflow is rather unhealthy for your projector.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you can, you might want to consider using a high CFM blower mounted in a remote location. I ran a 4" pipe to a 120 CFM blower located in the laundry room of my basement. This gives you more airflow than you could possibly achieve with any number of small fans and moves all the noise out of your theater. You may not be able to do this depending on how your room is setup but it's another possibilty to explore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.