AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my HVR-2250 has a hard time pulling in the exact stations my cheap rca converter box does. I live in a apt. and bought a Antennas Direct c2 which has been fairly good for both uhf and vhf in my area , bedford, tx ...dwf area. Watching tv with the c2 and my cheap rca converter box I can get all the channels in my area granted sometimes I have to remove it from hanging on the wall and re-orientate it as required. The HVR-2250 using windows 7 has a very difficult time with signal strength compared to the rca converter box and for some reason can not get channels 8.1 or 11.1. I can only receive about 60% of the channels with this card. I tried my cheap Phillips directional antenna and still no 8.1 or 11.1. Has anyone had any luck with tuner sensitivity on this card? I am about 23 miles from the antenna farm located in cedar hills from what I have read. I know my antenna being indoors is not idea but can not understand why the rca is pretty good despite having to work with it sometimes whereas the 2250 is so picky. On a side note: anyone here living around zip 76021 having luck with indoor antennas...been through three so far. Anyway to add more gain to a preexisting antenna ..I was thinking of anding a amp or something but not sure if a amp would help as it need a good single first right? The coax from antenna to tv or 2250 is only 15ft.

I am thinking it's just a picky card and wondering if a HD-Homerun would work better?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was chatting with a guy on IRC and he mentioned trying a 10-12 Db. inline pre-amp. Any suggestions on a good one for around $20? I think newegg might sell a

Terk one. Thanks for taking the time to respond walford, have a nice day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts