Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading and looking for over 8 months now trying to decide what HDTV is right for me and my roughly least 5+hr. a day gaming habits. I won't be flexible with a price tag of over $850.00 as well as I won't compromise on a 46" or lower. However, I'm very much open to suggestion not really so much with the price.

The HDTV I do want of course without Lag, Staggering etc etc Must be acceptable with fast paced games. Battlefield 3, COD so on so forth.

The three main ones I've been reviewing are:

Vizio M470NV 47" 1080p 120hz 8ms really could care less about Internet apps.

Gaming mode etc etc.. "My Perfect Price"

Vizio M470SV 47" 1080p 240hz 5ms " " Lacks A LOT of the extras

Gaming mode etc etc.. "A Franklin More w/o extras mind you"

as well as this Panni Plasma:

Yes I'm still am reading posts about plasma and how you shouldn't use them over %15 *for gaming* of your normal viewing habits and if that's the case it won't fly.

Have been looking at:

Panasonic VIERA TC-P50S30 600hz subfield

Gaming mode etc etc.. "Dirt Cheap"

I would chose this Panni but I'm worried about burn-in with my 5+hrs a day. Just still really skeptical. That and I've heard they cost a lot more to repair. Priced less then the to I have listed above though.

I just want a really great Gaming TV w/o Lag that I can enjoy Sports and an occasional movie. I really don't want all the bells a whistles 3D, Internet apps..etc etc..

All comments Very Most Helpful and Thanks

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
594 Posts
Not mentioning price, the LG's are bargain priced at one well known CA based big box, and includes freebies. the 47LV5500 I have has game mode, and when an HDMI port id is "PC" it eliminates lag.

I have a PS3 and play COD WaW and Black Ops and they both look/play great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My God How did I miss this TV!! I really haven't checked into LG just just due to ever time I see them there always in the $1000+ range. What's wrong with it for a price like that? Do you personal own this? That just moved up to my first choice.

This had been such a nightmare... started felling like that guy on the Progressive Ins commercial "wife says is this a good deal... he says I don't know anymore"

Wow man thanks for the input!! Off to read some reviews!...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I currently have the LG LV5500 and the input lag on it in game mode is decent, although I could still feel lag playing the original Sonic the Hedgehog. I haven't tried labeling the input as PC yet though. An issue I have with this tv is when there is a black background and something light appears, it will cause the black level to rise substantially horizontally across the tv. I guess this is an issue that comes with the edge lit local dimming feature. I also found a dead pixel on the tv, so I am debating whether to exchange it or return it. It is a nice tv outside of the issue I mentioned.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd take a look at the passive tvs in person before i bought one for close viewing, like a monitor replacement. The lines are a bit too thick in my opinion. Don't forget Sharp, I just bought [and ultamately returned] an 46" 835u which had amazingly low input lag; less than my Dell monitors and my Sony NX711. 3D and color reproduction were far, far better than my 46" nx711. It had a weird image quality problem in 2D, but that may have just been that one, i don't know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take off the smooth motion when gaming or usually just even watching your channels in HDTV. For the most part I hear it most TV's/Monitor give it a soap opera effect and it's pretty much worthless to use motion as well it eliminates lag and staggering.

You know I really don't know what to believe anymore that's why I'm reaching out to anyone that can give some advice. Esp. . when it comes to gaming with PS. I do know where I will be ordering from via online. With no shipping or tax and a 30day back trade in as well as 1 year parts and labor. Oh yeah I think it's worth it esp. if not happy. Also in my minds eye the extra 4year warranty is with the extra 125.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See I don't need all that not for that price or 3D. However, in your deffence I have been looking at the AQUOS LC-46LE820UN (however glass screen). Would work I don't have kids running around here and would be in a minimal lit room so glare is not an issue here as well as AQUOS LC46D78UN or even more so.. Sharp LC46LE830U Quattron That would be the one you suggested Troy w/o the 3D.. A bit to pricey about about $200 out of my budget. But God .. Looks awesome!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by machavez00 /forum/post/20820650

Not mentioning price, the LG's are bargain priced at one well known CA based big box, and includes freebies. the 47LV5500 I have has game mode, and when an HDMI port id is "PC" it eliminates lag.

So to me it sounds like your very happy with your LG. Of course I would be a nube when it comes to this hence 1st HDTV. How do you go about setting up the HDMI port to "PC" for this TV? Is it quite a process? I've very much interested in more that you have to say about the LV5500. I'm really digging that response time as well.

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matricks /forum/post/20823074

So to me it sounds like your very happy with your LG. Of course I would be a nube when it comes to this hence 1st HDTV. How do you go about setting up the HDMI port to "PC" for this TV? Is it quite a process? I've very much interested in more that you have to say about the LV5500. I'm really digging that response time as well.

The input menu allows you to ID an HDMI port as PC, HD-DVD, BluRay, Satellite, etc. There are different video/audio menus when a port ID is PC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by machavez00 /forum/post/20820650

I placed my order for the LG yesterday. After all the careful consideration with the various ones that I had listed and the one's that have been suggested to me I decided on the 47LV5500. On *That Site* was running a deal and it ending up being about $700 off suggested retail price. That's not even factoring in No Tax and Free Shipping cost, I really made out like a bandit! So I had to jumped all over that.

I was highly impressed with the Specs not to mention the Warranty as well as the Extended Warranty. The I do have to give credit to YouTube and a mass amount of reviews, as well in playing a roll for my new purchase.

I really don't think I can go wrong with a 2.4ms response time as well as the 5million :1 contrast when gaming or watching sports.

Thanks again Machavz00 for the LG's recommendation. If you could suggest some settings in game mode or how you have yours set up I'd be forever in your debt.

Thanks brother,

Matricks

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by machavez00 /forum/post/20828586

I use these ISF settings from CNET for non game viewing. Other owners have as well and report very good results. I used both and went with the 10 point settings.

LG 47LW5600 picture settings (3D model)
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-530317.html

Courtesy of this thread

2011 LG XXLV5500 SMARTTV / Impressions
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322953

Very helpful.. also found this...
http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

·
Registered
19,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by machavez00 /forum/post/20828586

I use these ISF settings from CNET for non game viewing. Other owners have as well and report very good results. I used both and went with the 10 point settings.

LG 47LW5600 picture settings (3D model)
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-530317.html

Courtesy of this thread

2011 LG XXLV5500 SMARTTV / Impressions
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1322953

The CNET settings look pretty close (at least the basic settings- contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc) to my calibrated 47LD520 (with the S-IPS panel). Just keep in mind that cal settings sometimes are not completely transferable from set to set, even within the same model due to subtle differences in the sets. If your settings don't quite look right, don't get discouraged, it just may need a little tweaking here and there. The AVS HD709 cal disk may help you in tweaking the calibration to fit your viewing environment. Use of a bias light behind the set will also help with the blacks and overall pq for evening viewing/playing. Nice set. Congratulations!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerRise /forum/post/20830320

Sorry to steal your thread but i am a big gamer like you but with the PS3. I was wondering if anybody knew if the Sony 46" HX729 is a good one to go with?

Your all good bro no worries.. MY SET is coming Today!! heh heh heh... Who'd thunk with all these tweaks and calibrations "My God"....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.