AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread somewhat off-topic until post #26

Im trying to get an idea on the real amount of crosstalk this set has. In the digitalversus review, they stated that it had one of the highest pixel response times ever, which i assume to mean how fast the pixels change from one color to another. Yet the crosstalk test they did showed high amounts of crosstalk, what look like 3 times the amount of other TVs, which makes no sense to me.

Here is the photo mixed in with a few other LCD tv for comparison:
http://img1.lesnumeriques.com/produi...HX920_3dlg.jpg

I did my own tests with this set using the menu screen of the movie Twisted for reference and it had the same amount of crosstalk as an lx900 and far less than an EX720. I find it hard to believe that my 2010 Sony NX711 totally blows the HX929 and the LX900 out of the water in the crosstalk dept. I also hear many other things leading me to question the Digital versus review, from statements on forums and statements by other reviewer saying it has very little xtalk.

Can anyone with a computer hooked up to their 929 please test the crosstalk using this test photo and confirm they have the same amount. Im guessing it might be a lot lower.

http://g-vision.de/files/3D_Testcard_SidebySide.jpg

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have tested on my LX900 , it's really suck ! The whole L i can see it from right eye when L eye close ! Te whole R does the same way ! That's really disappointed !

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that. I hope they can solve this issue with an update. Its just so weird.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tory40 /forum/post/0

Sorry to hear that. I hope they can solve this issue with an update. Its just so weird.

So is your HX929 have the same problem ? From the pic that show , the VT30 has the best results , but still can see a little bit ! I think nowadays there have no display that can absolutely get rid of the crosswalk issue ! B4 I want to change to VT30 or HX920 or Sharp X5 due to the crosstalk issue on gaming on my LX900 ! But I've go see VT30 and HX920 , they both have The crosstalk issue , less or more ! So I have decided to wait until 4k and naked eye 3d launch ! I hope the next 2 years they can solve this problem ! And I don't know if u play the 3D games on PS3 or Xbox 360 , they all suffering the resolution loss and detail loss ! That's really sad to me that the console doesn't have enough power to drive at least 720p resolution in 3D ! The picture quality is terrible on my 60" Sony , and when play on my JVC X7 that my projector screen is 90" ! That is just like a 480p source that I cannot play with !

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/20982998

So is your HX929 have the same problem ? From the pic that show , the VT30 has the best results , but still can see a little bit ! I think nowadays there have no display that can absolutely get rid of the crosswalk issue ! B4 I want to change to VT30 or HX920 or Sharp X5 due to the crosstalk issue on gaming on my LX900 ! But I've go see VT30 and HX920 , they both have The crosstalk issue , less or more ! So I have decided to wait until 4k and naked eye 3d launch ! I hope the next 2 years they can solve this problem ! And I don't know if u play the 3D games on PS3 or Xbox 360 , they all suffering the resolution loss and detail loss ! That's really sad to me that the console doesn't have enough power to drive at least 720p resolution in 3D ! The picture quality is terrible on my 60" Sony , and when play on my JVC X7 that my projector screen is 90" ! That is just like a 480p source that I cannot play with !

I just have the NX711, I was hoping an HX929 user could test it. I tried the Sharp LE835 and it had much less crosstalk than the NX711. I *think* the LE835, the Toshiba wx800u and a few of the Philips panels might have the least crosstalk. About consoles, yeah, that would be great if they build enough power into the next consoles to run 3D at 1080p. Im sure they could with sli, etc...

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

I just have the NX711, I was hoping an HX929 user could test it. I tried the Sharp LE835 and it had much less crosstalk than the NX711. I *think* the LE835, the Toshiba wx800u and a few of the Philips panels might have the least crosstalk. About consoles, yeah, that would be great if they build enough power into the next consoles to run 3D at 1080p. Im sure they could with sli, etc...

That's really strange ! They both are LCD panel , suppose to be the same ! I don't know why Sony had the bad result at all and they are promoting 3D in everyway ! They should be have more experience to make 3D work the best ! Shame on them !

·
Registered
96 Posts
I checked your test picture on my 46hx920 and yes it has a slight cross talk.

But I also watched Avatar 3D SBS and it looked great!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Which other display in among the other test panels in the comparison photo i linked to would you say it most closely matches?

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

Thanks! Which other display in among the other test panels in the comparison photo i linked to would you say it most closely matches?

I've test my JVC X7 last night ! It' much better than my LX900 ! It's close to the panasonic VT30 ! Only a slight leak to the other eye ! But I think this test pattern only can tell the crosstalk between white and black ! On my experience , both my LX900 and X7 suffer from different color of crosstalk ! JVC control white and black better , but some other color may have crosstalk ! Sony have a bad white and black crosstalk , but other color is ok ! So nowadays there have no display that can eliminate all of the crosstalk I think !

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/20999893

I've test my JVC X7 last night ! It' much better than my LX900 ! It's close to the panasonic VT30 ! Only a slight leak to the other eye ! But I think this test pattern only can tell the crosstalk between white and black ! On my experience , both my LX900 and X7 suffer from different color of crosstalk ! JVC control white and black better , but some other color may have crosstalk ! Sony have a bad white and black crosstalk , but other color is ok ! So nowadays there have no display that can eliminate all of the crosstalk I think !

I agree. The Sharp le835 i owned seemed like it had almost no crosstalk sometimes, yet the crosstalk test image showed around the same level as the D8000. Television-info is starting to do very in-depth reviews of 3D capabilities, noting specific colors that have problems and measuring brightness and contrast through the glasses. For example, the Sony HX720 review:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...-Review/3D.htm

Maybe you have better review sites in Chinese?

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

I agree. The Sharp le835 i owned seemed like it had almost no crosstalk sometimes, yet the crosstalk test image showed around the same level as the D8000. Television-info is starting to do very in-depth reviews of 3D capabilities, noting specific colors that have problems and measuring brightness and contrast through the glasses. For example, the Sony HX720 review:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...-Review/3D.htm

Maybe you have better review sites in Chinese?

Hey ! U have sharp le835 ? Is it the same model as 70x55 in Hong Kong ? How was the quality ? I am thinking to change my Sony 60LX900 to Sharp 70X55 ! How was the 2d to 3d conversion on your LE835 ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/21001682

Hey ! U have sharp le835 ? Is it the same model as 70x55 in Hong Kong ? How was the quality ? I am thinking to change my Sony 60LX900 to Sharp 70X55 ! How was the 2d to 3d conversion on your LE835 ?

I bought the le835 and used it for a short time. The 3D was great, but there was a problem with the 2D picture processing. It completely ruined small details. I wrote about it in the LE835 thread. One at the store had it as well while displaying a broadcast signal. Whatever it was, it completely went away when 3d was enabled within the Nvidia control panel and also was at 24hz. I never tried the 2d to 3d conversion, i just played games. Not sure if its the 70x55 though. If you try one at a store, take a usb disk with a desktop photo your very familiar with and view it on the TV to make sure its ok with you.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

I bought the le835 and used it for a short time. The 3D was great, but there was a problem with the 2D picture processing. It completely ruined small details. I wrote about it in the LE835 thread. One at the store had it as well while displaying a broadcast signal. Whatever it was, it completely went away when 3d was enabled within the Nvidia control panel and also was at 24hz. I never tried the 2d to 3d conversion, i just played games. Not sure if its the 70x55 though. If you try one at a store, take a usb disk with a desktop photo your very familiar with and view it on the TV to make sure its ok with you.

Thanks for your info ! But some of my Fd also told me that the video processor of sharp is not as good as Sony or panasonic ! So this is my concern too ! And also how was the PC game look like on a TV in 3D mode ? Crosstalk there ? And the resolution is 3D 1080p 60 or 3D 1080 24 ? I am also thinking to build a computer to play 3D game with Full 1080p ! And u know the console like ps3 or xbox360 is only lower than 720p when 3D enabled !

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/21004815

Thanks for your info ! But some of my Fd also told me that the video processor of sharp is not as good as Sony or panasonic ! So this is my concern too ! And also how was the PC game look like on a TV in 3D mode ? Crosstalk there ? And the resolution is 3D 1080p 60 or 3D 1080 24 ? I am also thinking to build a computer to play 3D game with Full 1080p ! And u know the console like ps3 or xbox360 is only lower than 720p when 3D enabled !

Sorry i missed this. Games looked great in 3D, very low crosstalk. With games, your limited to 720p60. HDMI can't handle 1080p60, only 1080p24, and its upplayable for the most part. The LE835 will do 1080p60 in games by repeating frames, but the input lag is off the charts. Way too high and it is unusable. HDMI 1080p60 chips are coming with next years tvs. If 3d is shown support, image what the power they'll put into the next consoles to ensure 1080p60 runs well.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

Sorry i missed this. Games looked great in 3D, very low crosstalk. With games, your limited to 720p60. HDMI can't handle 1080p60, only 1080p24, and its upplayable for the most part. The LE835 will do 1080p60 in games by repeating frames, but the input lag is off the charts. Way too high and it is unusable. HDMI 1080p60 chips are coming with next years tvs. If 3d is shown support, image what the power they'll put into the next consoles to ensure 1080p60 runs well.

So that's mean HDMI 1.4 cannot handle 1080p 60 3D ? So even I use some high end display card like GTX 590 , I am still not able to play a 3D game in 1080p 60 ? So next year the TV will come in 4k and support 1080p 60 in 3D ? Or maybe higher version of HDMI like 1.5 ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, no 1080p60 yet. Silicone Image made available samples of a new version of HDMI chip that will do the 1080p60 about 6 months ago i think. So hopefully very soon well see this ability. If it means anything to you, i prefer 720p60 in 3D over my old 2D setup....a Dell 3007wfp-hc 30" 2560x1600 monitor. This is my current setup, a 46" Sony as a monitor replacement, giving me a screen FOV of 60 - 85 degrees, depending on how im sitting. I really love it. Its very immersive.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

Yeah, no 1080p60 yet. Silicone Image made available samples of a new version of HDMI chip that will do the 1080p60 about 6 months ago i think. So hopefully very soon well see this ability. If it means anything to you, i prefer 720p60 in 3D over my old 2D setup....a Dell 3007wfp-hc 30" 2560x1600 monitor. This is my current setup, a 46" Sony as a monitor replacement, giving me a screen FOV of 60 - 85 degrees, depending on how im sitting. I really love it. Its very immersive.

Yes ! In a display that not so big (below 40") the different between 720p and 1080p is not so big ! But in my set up , a 60" Sony and projector screen at 90" ! The different become obvious ! So it's really have to wait until the next generation of display coming that can support 1080p 3D , and don't waste the money to change my Sony 60lX900 to Sharp 70X55 today ? What's your suggestion ?

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

O ! There something that I want to know , u said the HDMI 1.4 cannot support 1080p 3d at 60hz , and how about the TV itself ? For example , my Sony LX900 , is it support 1080p 3D at 60hz ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/21023662

Yes ! In a display that not so big (below 40") the different between 720p and 1080p is not so big ! But in my set up , a 60" Sony and projector screen at 90" ! The different become obvious ! So it's really have to wait until the next generation of display coming that can support 1080p 3D , and don't waste the money to change my Sony 60lX900 to Sharp 70X55 today ? What's your suggestion ?

I would try if first before buying it if you can. I find it pretty amazing how little pixelation i see at 720p and in general sitting so close to this large tv. Keep in mind, at lower resolutions you can add 4x AA to help the edges and still have a higher frame rate than running at 1080p in 3D. I know of at least one person who took their computer to a store and actually hooked it up to TVs. As for whether or not the LX900 does 1080p60, i have no idea, but i think the HX929 might have a high chance to do it.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote:

I would try if first before buying it if you can. I find it pretty amazing how little pixelation i see at 720p and in general sitting so close to this large tv. Keep in mind, at lower resolutions you can add 4x AA to help the edges and still have a higher frame rate than running at 1080p in 3D. I know of at least one person who took their computer to a store and actually hooked it up to TVs. As for whether or not the LX900 does 1080p60, i have no idea, but i think the HX929 might have a high chance to do it.

Last day , I went to the store and tried to put the photo u post on a USB drive ! But unfortunately , both 60VT30 and 70X55 can not change to Side By Side mode in USB photo mode ! So I cannot to test about the Crosstalk Amount ! But only can try the 2D to 3D Conversion function , the Crosstalk on 70X55 is Horrible , when I put it to the highest Depth , all the thong is surrounded with Crosstalk ! But the VT30 even I adjust it to Max Depth , there still no Crosstalk I can see , and the conversion effect is stunning on VT30 ! So I think the VT30 is the least amount Crosstalk available on the market nowadays ! But I am very worry about the Burn In or Image Retention on Plasma if I play a video game with HUD on screen overnight ! So what's will u suggest ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts