AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got my first Hybrid SACD, Alison Krauss & Union Station, New Favorite. I can't get it to play anything but the CD layer in my Sony DVP-NS500V Player. It plays non-hybrid SACDs fine. Sony tech support could offer little help as I had already read the manual. I will exchange the disc, (mail order) but does someone else who owns this player have any experience with Hybrid SACDs?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't own that particular player, but I do own the SCD-555ES and I own that same Alison Krauss disk. On my player the disk defaults to the SACD layer, but when the disk is NOT playing, you need to hit the SACD/CD button on the remote to change layers. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, I used to have problems like that.

I had a jazz in the pawnshop hybrid SACD disc.

It won't play in my high end dvd/cd player, but it will play in the Sony DVP-S7700(dvd/cd player non SACD).

I also heard some complaints that people are having some problems with the hybrid disc... They told me that some hybrid disc won't play in the dvd/cd player, but it will play in CD player only.

After long consideration....I decided to sell my SACD hybrid discs, and go with the JVC XRCD and a regular cd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.