AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my laptop and a projector OTA to use as another display, but now I would like to use my cable service to watch Tv through my PC. Are there any solutions for around $100 that can use a cable signal and output it my computer in HD? I'm not really interested in recording TV, but if I could, then I would do it as long as the tuner was under $100. Thanks for reading and cheers!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
There are many USB HD TV Tuner devices that support clear QAM plus analog channels for cable, so you could get the free (typical local HD) channels from cable, but not any others - they require a rented digital cable box.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiedgod /forum/post/0

Really inexpensive alternative to Hauppauge

http://www.meritline.com/mygica-usb-...--p-38513.aspx

$27.99 shipped now.

If you sign up for their e-mails, they regularly have a code that drops it down to $17.99 shipped, or even $12.99 shipped on certain deals

Thanks for the link! I just received the Hauppage one a few days ago but I'm still waiting in the projector. I need to buy an extra cable cord for the tuner anyways, so I'll check out that site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.