AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a bit of searching it seems that if your using a hyperthreaded cpu or a dual processor system that you will have problems with the MYHD app. With hyperthreading enabled on an INTEL CPU it basically acts as a second processor. I currently am experiencing freezing when I have hyperthreading enabled on my 3.06ghz Intel cpu. Turn hyperthreading off and it works great. As it seems now that hyperthreaded cpu's will be more common in the future as users upgrade, shouldn't MIT take a look at this problem? I'd like to hear others experience with there dual/hyperthread system. Maybe there is a fix for this? right now I have just turned hyperthreading off but I do want have the extra power that comes from hyperthreading. Hopefully MIT can take a look into this.

Stoney

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks Cliff :)

Stoney

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had freezing problems (among other things) with an AIW 9700 Pro. ATI suggested turning off HyperThreading and disabling ACPI.

Unacceptable!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I had a problem with the older radeon aiw and a dual proc. turns out the drivers just didn't work correctly with dual processors.

hyperthreading... meh. I could take it or leave it. but if I've got a duallie, I want to be able to use both processors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.