AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are watching Show A on one channel while recording Show B on another and you want to go to sleep. You obviously need to leave your satellite receiver on to continue the recording of Show B, but later that night, you have it set to record two other shows simultaneously on two other channels. How will the receiver handle this situation?

Will it know to switch channels to record the two new shows? Or will it think, since you left in on while recording Show B, that you are still watching the channel that Show A was on and not record the two new shows? Ya follow?

Wondering in Wilmington...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
It will auto record the 2 other shows. About 60 seconds before the second records a message will appear on the screen telling anyone watching that it is going to channel channels to record a show. A stop button will display for this 60 seconds to give the user the chance to abort.

Given you are not there, all will be automatic.

Ed

·
Registered
58 Posts
How do you get rid of that message without stopping recording? On Dishplayer, I would hit the back button. That doesn't work with UltimateTV. I have stopped recordings three times by trying to find the right button!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by william kay
You are watching Show A on one channel while recording Show B on another and you want to go to sleep. You obviously need to leave your satellite receiver on to continue the recording of Show B, but later that night, you have it set to record two other shows simultaneously on two other channels. How will the receiver handle this situation?

Will it know to switch channels to record the two new shows? Or will it think, since you left in on while recording Show B, that you are still watching the channel that Show A was on and not record the two new shows? Ya follow?

Wondering in Wilmington...
As others have mentioned, both shows will be recorded but you may lose the padding on one or both of the upcoming recordings. To avoid this, I usually go to MYShows and start then stop one of my previously recorded shows. This stops the UTV from buffering Live TV and both shows will be recorded with their padding intact. I am guessing that just changing the channel to 1020 will do the same thing, but I haven't checked that out for myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.