AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally admitted to myself. I am addicted to the forum. No matter how busy I may be in my own life, I find myself always checking in, whether at home, school or anywhere with an internet connection.

To be honest, I am just interested in finding out about the latest things, as I probably won't be getting a new projector for a while (like a year or so.)

I still can't resist. I check this forum, the CRT forum, the screen forum. As I said in another post, I have learned so much about the benefits and problems of everyprojector that it is like I owned them all!

I wonder if anyone else has come to the point where they wish everyone had the forum directly connected to their heads, so that people could respond nearly instantaneously to their messages! Every time I post a message, I find myself checking back 5 minutes later to see if anyone responded.

I check when I wake up in the morning, I check before I go to sleep. Sometimes, I find I have "lost" hours going through threads which have links to other threads. Eventually, I look up at the clock and ask myself where the time went!!!

In the end, I find myself reading about a topic that I had absolutely no intention of reading about, and becoming quite knowledgable about it!

Well, that's my story...back to writing my science paper!

Anyone else have the same "problem"? I figure there are, when there are people who have been on the forum for 3 months and have so many posts..

Take care,

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by David Mendicino (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
David

Don't feel so bad, I am also addicted to this thing. Its very educational, better than half the paperback magazines out there. I still like the mags for the pics.

We are very fortunate to have a lot of talent on the forum!!!

------------------

Thanks Very Much!

Alan Gouger

AV Science
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi David,

You are not alone.

I have to make a conscious effort to not check in every hour. I would surely get absolutely nothing done if I followed my instincts.

I think that the HTPC forum is the worst...the activity actually does change there every hour, and it doesn't stop...those geeks go all night long!

The least productive period of my life was trying to keep up with Mark Rejhon when he was the unemployed moderator of the HTPC forum and he spent every waking minute posting elaborate and detailed instructions for doing all sorts of things...well over 6000 long, elaborate posts in about a year!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I routinely have to remind myself that I need to get back to work to pay for all this stuff. Sometimes my wife has to order me to stop and eat.

So, yeah, it's addictive. (And I haven't been posting anything, yet.)

------------------

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Some of us have it worse than others. I have a splitting, vision-altering migrane headache right now as I try to type this. Why am I here? I don't know. I needed to be.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
"Remain calm, all is well".

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See what I mean...I checked back within a MINUTE to see if I got a response...we should set up one of those pager/cell phone notification systems to tell you if there has been a response to any thread you have posted in!!!

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Man E:
Some of us have it worse than others.
I have it bad!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THREE STARS *** Yipee...Yipee ***

I have 3 stars... I have 3 stars ***

Sorry, couldn't help it.

------------------

David Mendicino

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
If you have three stars or less you still have time to be cured.

Yep, I admit, I spend more time posting and reading than watching HT.

It goes better with beer.

And HBO-HD usually has crap on this time of night.

I wonder whats on PPV tonight, its 9 o'clock?

By the way, Fight Club is the wierdest movie I've ever seen.

Also, its a bit slow on the forum tonight. I can't wait for the next super-projector.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 04-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep it coming guys, and girls, don't be ashamed to admit it...lets get this thing to over 200 posts!!!

------------------

David Mendicino

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Why?

I really want to know what about the next super-projector, not this dribble.

Or when I can get more than HBO-HD in HD.

Then maybe I wouldn't post as much, I could break the addiction and live happily ever after.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Whenever I feel that this thing is taking over my existence I take it into a pawn shop and detox myself for a month or so.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
ya gotta have something to do at work...

·
Registered
163 Posts
David,

You've got it right about this place, I am lucky I have a job where I can be on the computer all day and make it look like I am working. Now all we need is a way to make a channel on avantgo or even a mobile favorite so I can scan the boards from off-line from my Windows CE machine. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Brian Ingram

Pardon my terrible spelling :)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.