AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been a loyal consumer of Denon products but my 3313ci is where this marriage ends.

I wont bore people with the details..

onto the fun stuff

I am considering either a Marantz 7702 or Integra 50.6 or 60.5

A installer buddy of mine who has more time and money has played around with all and his claim is the integra sounds best to his ears. I will admit his system sounded amazing but he is single with a dog and has more acoustic panels in his house than a movie theater..

My system currently consists of ascend acoustics sierra 2's with RAAL ribbon and center.. TWO 15vtl HSU subs and my surrounds are aim 7's in the ceiling.

All are being powered by a sunfire 400 so I dont have the capability to go with XLR inputs..

now I need a receiver that can push my kitchen speakers as well and I have a separate amp for my patio speakers..

I get dealer pricing on integra and close to dealer prcing on marantz...

thoughts???

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Might as well be done with Marantz as well, theyre sister company to Denon! :p

Reactions: dan1210

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Integra/Onkyo owned up to its QC ball drop and replaced anyone's unit that had an issue. They are fully aware of what it was. At least they owned up to It to where denon wants to blame everything on my router and do continuous soft resets.

I'm speaking in reference to sonic quality and the ability for bass management

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Integra/Onkyo owned up to its QC ball drop and replaced anyone's unit that had an issue. They are fully aware of what it was. At least they owned up to It to where denon wants to blame everything on my router and do continuous soft resets.

I'm speaking in reference to sonic quality and the ability for bass management
Ask to speak with someone in a higher level of tech support- they have several levels.

·
Registered
78 Posts
thoughts???
I have been VERY impressed with Marantz - I helped a friend set up 7702 and it is an impressive piece. If you check forum folks have mentioned for HT it comes close to flagship 8802 Marantz product and hence is amazing bang for buck. Marantz pedigree is rock solid with emphasis on audio.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I have been a loyal consumer of Denon products but my 3313ci is where this marriage ends.

I wont bore people with the details..

onto the fun stuff

I am considering either a Marantz 7702 or Integra 50.6 or 60.5

A installer buddy of mine who has more time and money has played around with all and his claim is the integra sounds best to his ears. I will admit his system sounded amazing but he is single with a dog and has more acoustic panels in his house than a movie theater..

My system currently consists of ascend acoustics sierra 2's with RAAL ribbon and center.. TWO 15vtl HSU subs and my surrounds are aim 7's in the ceiling.

All are being powered by a sunfire 400 so I dont have the capability to go with XLR inputs..

now I need a receiver that can push my kitchen speakers as well and I have a separate amp for my patio speakers..

I get dealer pricing on integra and close to dealer prcing on marantz...

thoughts???
Might as well wait until the new models come out later this year to get all the newest specs and all the smoke is clear with the hdmi and DTS-X stuff. That's what im waiting on myself before I pull the trigger on anything. People were impatient and bought this years stuff without all the other stuff being cleared first. Im a big Onkyo fan but with them not having the Audyssey xt32 anymore, that's kind of a deal breaker for me now. Always loved the XT32, but im thinking of going Marantz or Yamaha now myself and I get dealer pricing myself also so it don't hurt my wallet as bad also lol.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]
Might as well wait until the new models come out later this year to get all the newest specs and all the smoke is clear with the hdmi and DTS-X stuff. That's what im waiting on myself before I pull the trigger on anything. People were impatient and bought this years stuff without all the other stuff being cleared first. Im a big Onkyo fan but with them not having the Audyssey xt32 anymore, that's kind of a deal breaker for me now. Always loved the XT32, but im thinking of going Marantz or Yamaha now myself and I get dealer pricing myself also so it don't hurt my wallet as bad also lol.[/QUOTE]

Did they replace their audyssey with another software correction program?

I was told it has an input that allows you to connect your laptop directly to use more of a professional acoustic correction or analysis software. The integra I am.speaking about.

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
Might as well wait until the new models come out later this year to get all the newest specs and all the smoke is clear with the hdmi and DTS-X stuff. That's what im waiting on myself before I pull the trigger on anything. People were impatient and bought this years stuff without all the other stuff being cleared first. Im a big Onkyo fan but with them not having the Audyssey xt32 anymore, that's kind of a deal breaker for me now. Always loved the XT32, but im thinking of going Marantz or Yamaha now myself and I get dealer pricing myself also so it don't hurt my wallet as bad also lol.[/QUOTE]

I was told it has an input that allows you to connect your laptop directly to use more of a professional acoustic correction or analysis software. The integra I am.speaking about.[/QUOTE]

For the two Integra models you list, the 50.6 uses the new Onkyo AccuEQ, the 60.5 has XT32 (and likely the ability to use the Audyssey Pro kit if the extra $$ is worth it to you).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Might as well wait until the new models come out later this year to get all the newest specs and all the smoke is clear with the hdmi and DTS-X stuff. That's what im waiting on myself before I pull the trigger on anything. People were impatient and bought this years stuff without all the other stuff being cleared first. Im a big Onkyo fan but with them not having the Audyssey xt32 anymore, that's kind of a deal breaker for me now. Always loved the XT32, but im thinking of going Marantz or Yamaha now myself and I get dealer pricing myself also so it don't hurt my wallet as bad also lol.

I was told it has an input that allows you to connect your laptop directly to use more of a professional acoustic correction or analysis software. The integra I am.speaking about.[/QUOTE]

For the two Integra models you list, the 50.6 uses the new Onkyo AccuEQ, the 60.5 has XT32 (and likely the ability to use the Audyssey Pro kit if the extra $$ is worth it to you).[/QUOTE]
60.5 is a 2013 model I believe. All the new Onkyo n Integras use the ACCUEQ. I would wait til all the new models come out later this year to get all the new specs. All depending on the specs you want personally you feel you need. Im a just wait it out until later this year until the 2.2 n DTS-X stuff gets cleared away. Patience in this game is what you need definitely lol. Ive got a grand saved up so far ive put off to the side for a new receiver or preamp.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I was told it has an input that allows you to connect your laptop directly to use more of a professional acoustic correction or analysis software. The integra I am.speaking about.
For the two Integra models you list, the 50.6 uses the new Onkyo AccuEQ, the 60.5 has XT32 (and likely the ability to use the Audyssey Pro kit if the extra $$ is worth it to you).[/QUOTE]
60.5 is a 2013 model I believe. All the new Onkyo n Integras use the ACCUEQ. I would wait til all the new models come out later this year to get all the new specs. All depending on the specs you want personally you feel you need. Im a just wait it out until later this year until the 2.2 n DTS-X stuff gets cleared away. Patience in this game is what you need definitely lol. Ive got a grand saved up so far ive put off to the side for a new receiver or preamp.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I can wait. I would def be purchasing New. I pulled that model number from a 2014 pricing sheet.

I just don't want to wait forever because that receiver I have is pretty much sold and Id rather be blind and naked Than to be without a source to control all my home audio and video functIons.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on 8802 (I got a great price) - if you are getting a good price not sure waiting can help you much- my opinion of course!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on 8802 (I got a great price) - if you are getting a good price not sure waiting can help you much- my opinion of course!
You may have to pay extra for the 2.2 hardware upgrade and the Aura 3d on that unit and may not be firmware upgradeable to the DTS X., there may be receivers in the fall or winter that already come with those 2 and the Atmos already built in perhaps. Well worth the wait to wait and see if those specs come built into a new receiver instead of being impatient on my part, is how im looking at it. No hurry, will still get dealer pricing as I deliver to these places anyway(UPS DRIVER). Im holding steady with patience lol. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming 2.2 is 2 channel with 2 subs?

I could care less about 3d anything. I'm still viewing in a pioneer kuro.

Looks like I'll have to do some research on the new codecs. I though atmos was the newest flagship allowing them to use audio that requires an atmos chip to decode and embed the audio to put a damper on bootlegging

·
Registered
117 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but I'm assuming 2.2 is 2 channel with 2 subs?

I could care less about 3d anything. I'm still viewing in a pioneer kuro.

Looks like I'll have to do some research on the new codecs. I though atmos was the newest flagship allowing them to use audio that requires an atmos chip to decode and embed the audio to put a damper on bootlegging
HDCP 2.2 for the 4k sources is what I was implying with the 2.2. Definitely have to do your homework in this game and decipher what you want as far as specs go. That's why a lot of people are holding out til this summer or fall or after the CES show next January to wait and see the smoke clear on some of the new specs before purchasing a new receiver or pre-pro.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At the rate these things change, yo7 will be waiting forever.. FOR.EV.VER

·
Registered
117 Posts
At the rate these things change, yo7 will be waiting forever.. FOR.EV.VER
HDCP 2.2 Atmos and DTS-X should be the norm or standard for most new receivers or pre-pros this year. Not going to take long for them all to be out, late summer or fall. Just have to know what your looking for in specs that's all, and base your decision from there really.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciate your input. Time to spend some time on the internets

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had same discussion with my buddy- he was in fact telling me to opt for 7702 since at less than half the price of 8802- one could enjoy auro/3d and atmos with 2 front height speakers right away. DTS-x is yet to be confirmed, but with 7702 low pricing you can swap it out if one is so picky without losing much. Yeah you can wait- but at lower pricing, it is worth to enjoy films NOW is worth buying now. $1500 for one person may mean differently for others- so YMMV.

I paid close to double for 8802 but wanted more emphasis for 2 channel tracks and double up for HT. 7702 is a no brainer- given the price.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts