AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Christmas. I just but a new sectional L couch with recliners at the ends for my HT. I was set on getting the Aura pro shakers until I did a little research. Now I'm debating getting the Buttkicker setup. The problem is I don't want to make a wood frame to put the buttkicker and the couch on.

So the question is. How hard is it to screw the buttkicker to the frame of the couch? Will the buttkicker cause my couch to fall apart? Should I just say screw the buttkicker and go with 4 aura pro shakers?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Registered
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by breedingamies

So the question is. How hard is it to screw the buttkicker to the frame of the couch? Will the buttkicker cause my couch to fall apart? Should I just say screw the buttkicker and go with 4 aura pro shakers?
You better check the clearence underneat your sofa - you'll need 6"+

You also mention you bought a L couch... I wonder how a single buttkicker will work in such a situation - you might be better off ordering multiple Aura Bass Shaker Pros or a Clark Synthesis Transducer. Both options are much cheaper than the ButtKicker... and somehow I don't think the buttkicker can be all that much better.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I have the same setup as you will. I have a "L" shaped sectional and I screwed 2 aura pros directly to the couch frame, one on each side of the "L". No problems after two years and still going strong.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.