AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting to be a man, now have a job while in college, and have realized something.

Honestly....I am sick of computer speakers. I hate how the bass is never overwellming, I hate the small source, and I hate the bass seperation. I want enveloping bass and rich mids, which my current 4.1s, and the K PM 5.1s cannot give me. Basically, I have reached the crest of my computer-speaker experience, and want someting better..now that I can afford SOMETHING.

At the moment, all I want is stereo sound as I cannot afford the whole speaker package, but that doesn't mean I want to skimp on the quality.

I am interested to see what you can recommend in the $500 range for a reciever and two speakers..

From what I've gathered, a nice Onkyo or HK is what I'm after, but after that I'm lost....

In addittion, Hks don't have Component in the price range so they are basically out...

Basically, I am after the best sound I can get, and not necessarily wattage as HK and Onkyo's have taught me...

Should I consider pioneer? Denon anyone? Yamaha? :confused:

And no, I do not want a Sony...:D

As for speakers, I've heard good things about the JBL Northridge N38 II, which are $199 at BB.

Any help I can get is appreciated.

Happy dia del pavo.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.