AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I am limited to component video on my tv and projector so I was looking for some sort of converter or transcoder that can convert hdmi/dvi to component video without me having to sell my car.

So is there anything available to us HT owners on a budget.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes but where can I find one ?

·
Banned
716 Posts
If you're using an HD player, the cheapest solution for the present is to use its component output. Unless the ICT flag is set on the disc, and it looks like this won't happen for many years - if it ever happens at all - the component output will be full HD rez.

There are internal solutions for some projectors (all CRT, to the best of knowledge), and external solutions for the rest. I own three such solutions, all external. The cheapest is the Ophit DDA-A001, available for $179 from Digital Connection. I know the description doesn't say anything about HDCP, but testimony from many people says it will de-encrypt HDCP and output RGB via its VGA connector. If your projector has a VGA input that will handle RGB, you're set, otherwise you'll have to invest in an RGB to Component transcoder. I'm not aware of any "solution" that outputs component. If this is more than you want to go, then I'm afraid you're just out of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.