AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a home theater in my bedroom. The dimensions of the room are 23ft x 46ft rectangular shaped. The bed is in the middle of the long wall my head is approximately 23 ft from theplace where I would put the screen. I am thinking of putting the projector at the foot of the bed ( wife doesnt want ceiling mount so the projector would be approx. 15 feet from the screen. The screen would be in the corner caddy corner. Will this work and what set up should I get looking to spend 3500 for whole set up. The room is not as dark as I would like it. So I would need to take that into consideration. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by getty /forum/post/19577821

I am looking to get a home theater in my bedroom. The dimensions of the room are 23ft x 46ft rectangular shaped. The bed is in the middle of the long wall my head is approximately 23 ft from theplace where I would put the screen. I am thinking of putting the projector at the foot of the bed ( wife doesnt want ceiling mount so the projector would be approx. 15 feet from the screen. The screen would be in the corner caddy corner. Will this work and what set up should I get looking to spend 3500 for whole set up. The room is not as dark as I would like it. So I would need to take that into consideration. Thanks in advance for your help

I think 100 inch diag. screen is doable at 15 feet for most projectors.

A toshiba 1024x788 4:3 does around 120 inches at 15 feet while the casio green slim 240 does 150 inches 720p at 15 feet(the 2x zoom makes it a shot throw projector to some- http://www.projectorpeople.com/resou...hort-throw.asp ) .Find a projector you like, one of the epson UB(ultra black) seem really popular here.I am a value guy and all my signals are 720p or lower (Hulu/the web/analog cable and over the air)so most of my stuff is 1024x768 or 720p,so i will let some one else suggest some of the 1080p stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts