AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year of waiting, I finally have DTV. I am recieving WRLK-DT. Which is SC ETV's digital flagship station. They are located in Columbia SC. They just recently boosted to their full power.

I had attempted to pull them in with the CM4248, but only had sporadic and weak signals.

Today I reinstalled my Channel Master 4251. As you probably know, it is a 7' parabolic UHF only antenna. I have modified it by covering the back with 1/4 inch hardware cloth. I am using a Channel Master Titan series preamp (Titan 7777). Tonight I have had a steady 72-78% on my Dish 6000 receiver. I have not had the first dropout or pixelation. I find that amazing, considering that I am 67 miles from the transmitter which is only at 1000 feet and broadcasting at 65 kW. By contrast, channel 35 (the analog station on the same tower) is weak and snowy. I am now a firm believer in digital television and 8-VSB. I also am amazed at how well the CM4251 performs.

I am very much looking forward to Nova on April 17th. Two glorious hours of HDTV. I was scheduled to work but now I am getting that night off.

Scott

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Scott,

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Burns:
After a year of waiting, I finally have DTV. I am recieving WRLK-DT. Which is SC ETV's digital flagship station.
Congratulations, on your receiving SCETV. You do know that after an HDTV experience there is no turning back http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif .

Hap Griffin is the VP of Engineering at SCETV and he probably would like to hear of your experience. You could email to him at: [email protected]

SCETV at: http://www.scetv.org

------------------

Wendell

Technical Services Supervisor

MAETV

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wendell,

Funny that you should mention Hap. I have been corresponding with him via email since WRLK-DT began broadcasting at test power last year. I have already sent him an email regarding my new found success.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.