AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ready to get either an hd dvd ,blu ray dvd player but I am reluctant as to what to purchase.

I currently have a samsung hd-841 and it does a nice job upscaling via component video , and another thing is I currently have an hdtv ready monitor and it only has component video inputs as well as my epson powerlite home 10 projector.

Now I have been hearing about the oppo 970hd which does a good job upscaling via component video as well and I want to know if it has better upscaling than the samsung 841,now I don't want to replace my crt tv because it still has a stunning picture which am am very happy with,but I have also seen what an hd dvd player can do via component video outs and I realize that with hd dvd my display is limited to 1080i via component video with the hd dvd player or blu ray so my question is ,

Should I just replace my sammy and get an oppo for now and wait until the format war dust settles ,or get an hd dvd player for now and use it with component with my tv and projector and wait until 1080p projectors come down in price to use with hd dvd or just not bother and keep my current setup ,

so I am asking those who have had the 841 and now either have an oppo or hd dvd what have you decided on and what is your conclusions.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Geez all those views and no replys!

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by louthewiz /forum/post/0

Geez all those views and no replys!

Some of us wanted to see what you were ready to pull the trigger on, then saw that you were really asking a question about a player about which we had no knowledge. Had your subject been "Is Oppo 970 better than the Samsung 841" the number of views might have been more commensurate with the number of replies. - DR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.