AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 5 hours of searching, switching settings, and headaches... I am soo close to having VMC working the way I want.

Here is my setup:

HP running Vista 32bit, bluray .ISO backups, WMC, MyMovies, slysoft ANYDVD and virutal drive - feeding my NAD T175.

Here is what I have working:

I can get 7.1 sound from my computer to the T175 using the 3.5mm -> RCA desicrete input. I also figured out how to make the projector the primary clone monitor so that HD content will show on the project, rather than the monitor (will only do one due to HDCP)

Here is where I need help. If I have WMC full screen, go to MyMovies and select the BluRay I want to watch... WMC spins for a while and then nothing happens. If I run to my PC and take WMC out of full screen, AnyDVD will then scan the disk and the process moves forward.

If I have WMC not full screen and perform the same functions, it all works great and the movie starts quickly.

So for some reason the autoplay function isn't working in full screen mode.

Anything I am missing in MyMovies, etc?

Any other option of using different software to make this work properly?

Thanks for any help! I am really excited about how close I am!!!

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
I didn't see anywhere that you said you had an actual Blu-ray player such as Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD. Sort of hard to play a Blu-ray without a player. Media Center isn't going to play them. Make sure you have MyMovies set up to use your external player.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/18166336

I didn't see anywhere that you said you had an actual Blu-ray player such as Arcsoft TMT or PowerDVD. Sort of hard to play a Blu-ray without a player. Media Center isn't going to play them. Make sure you have MyMovies set up to use your external player.

Sorry about that. I am currently using HPDVD Play. myMovies will appear in Media Player, and when I select the file is appears to be immediately mounted, however the image isn't auto playing in HPDVD. And this only happens when Media Center is full screen.

If I repeat the process and have Media Center "tiled" on the window... everything works great... and quickly. I wish it were that easy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BUMP... no thoughts...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So MediaBrowser would take the place of the myMovies software and DaemonTools over VirtualDrive.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a shot!!! Worst case scenario is to buy an RF keyboard with touchpad mouse and put that in the theater and just mount / play the .iso myself... but that just doesn't have the cool factor!

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts