AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I am moving at the speed of light. I have trolled around here for a month or so then signed up in april all the while looking at CRT's then RPTV's then plasmas (very short look) then front projectors. About 100 posts later I purchase an NEC LT154 and an ISCO II, also a few odds and ends. After a little trouble from dell about the NEC after almost a month it came and I was highly pleased. Then the ISCO II came, and I was happy. Then I picked up a MY-HD digital tuner card and I was happy some more. Well, now, I went and picked up a G1000 D-ILA. I have only had the LCD projector for two weeks. That has got to be a record! My quest for more pixels is slowly coming to an end I think, as there are not many ways to get more, at least not for less than an arm and a leg retail for...

And now for a short comparison:

LT154-

I was happy with it. Any average joe I brought by to look at it was delighted with the picture quality.

The Good-

Size is great (think phone book or smaller). No screen door at 1.5 - 2 X. There is not much to tweak on this thing.

NOTE: When adding the ISCO II, a slight defocus (inherent from the lens) and a higher pixel count the screen-door effect was greatly diminished.

The Bad-

Very limited zoom. Closer than 1.5 and screen door can become apparent. There is not much to tweak on this thing.

Hughes / JVC G1000-

It has alota pixels but is considerably bigger. More lumens are always welcome but with a 400w lamp the fan noise is obviously much higher. The type of lamp used has better colors the projector however needs tweaking to eek out the quality. I like the G1000 and will end up keeping it.

The Good-

Better picture quality. Mega pixels +. Brighter than the venerable 154. Far more tweaking options. Better color spectrum. Zoom and focus motorized and on the remote. Absolutly no screen-door and with the ISCO II even less.

The Bad-

Big. Loud. Hot. Far more tweaking options. I can't use it or lease it out as a portable nearly as easily.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.