Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toshiba 46H83

Scientific Atlantica DVR unit (Cox Cable Box with TiVo)

KLH DVD-8350

Problem 1: FIXED (Having the remote on freakin CBL helps)

Problem 2: DVD Unit connected via Composite Cable b/g/r and Gold Plated RCA r/w Audio Out. this is connected to the ColorYadayada 1 (Whatever the name for the toshiba Composite channel is) I get audio, but no video. I tried changing the cables to Channel 2 and no go same problem. I checked the DVD player and there is no place I can find to "switch" what connection its using..

Any input?? I am going crazy :mad:

·
Registered
265 Posts
It is hard for people to help when it appears you are mixing some terms. Composite video is the single yellow rca cable, usually attached with the red and white audio cables. Component video cable uses three rca cables all for just the video signal. "ColorStream" is what Toshiba calls component video (which ony causes confusion).

Just a complete guess, but the problem may be with the dvd player. Some dvd players must be set to progressive mode in order to get the progressive signal via the component out on the unit. This can be either a button on front of the unit or may be in the on-screen menu. You will have to check your manual. Obviously, you will have to hook up the player to a composite or s-video connection to view the on-screen menu.

Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by NikePenguin
It is hard for people to help when it appears you are mixing some terms. Composite video is the single yellow rca cable, usually attached with the red and white audio cables. Component video cable uses three rca cables all for just the video signal. "ColorStream" is what Toshiba calls component video (which ony causes confusion).

Just a complete guess, but the problem may be with the dvd player. Some dvd players must be set to progressive mode in order to get the progressive signal via the component out on the unit. This can be either a button on front of the unit or may be in the on-screen menu. You will have to check your manual. Obviously, you will have to hook up the player to a composite or s-video connection to view the on-screen menu.

Good luck.
Yes, thank you component is what I meant for connecting the DVD player, as you can tell im a complete newb to Home Video stuff. I will try this and I appreciate you giving me a correction without flame =) I will learn eventually.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that was it, I couldnt find the manual so I just hooked it up to my other tv via rca and changed the settings. Thanks, I figured it would auto detect which cables were used.

My picture still doesnt seem as crisp as it should be even after going through the convergence and colors, I think I might have to have someone come out and calibrate it.

Appreciate the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.