AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out about CRT projectors by accident, cruising through some digital projector forums a while back. I landed here and started lurking a few months ago, reading almost every post. I just bought a direct view widescreen 32" monitor but I've decided to go ahead and purchase a CRT as well. Thanks to Ursa I'll have a nice looking ECP 3500 within a couple of weeks (thanks again, Bill!)

Now, I've just got to build a new house so I can fit it somewhere.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Haha. I got bit by the CRT bug a year ago, and I'm renting an apartment. We just moved into a different apartment, as I'm not committed enough to buy/build a house, but a major requirement for me during the apartment hunt was where the CRT was going to go, room shape/size, throw distance, screen wall, light control ability.... :D

Set that baby up!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know what I'm going to do. I have a small house right now with a good-sized great room, two small kids, pets, all of which dictates a ceiling mounted system. However, the ceiling is vaulted so that's going to be tough. If I have to install it on a wheeled cart and move it in and out of the garage for movie night, I'll do it!! I am very excited.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Congrats on your new child. :)

Yes, with pets and kids, floor mounting is a concern. Even with lens caps, little fingers like to open things and touch them. :(

Fortunately, my wife and I don't have either right now.

Wheeled carts are troublesome with CRTs, as you have to do a setup again each time. Can be difficult to deal with, as you have to spend 30 minutes or something to setup the unit before each viewing, assuming you got the cart back within a few inches of where it was last time....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I realize that moving it around won't be a great idea. After looking at my living room in detail (I've lived here for 10 years and never once studied the ceiling!) I may have to install a shelf on the back wall for the projector. If I make it big enough I can put some of the wifey's things on it and lessen the impact of the projector sitting on it. Well, ok, probably not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.