AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may well be in the minority, but I find myself just not tuning to DISCOVERY HD any longer. I was intrigued at first, but HD NET and PBS supply enough of this type of programming for my limited viewing time.

I would cancel if I could, but I enjoy the other three stations in the package.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
It's actually my favorite in the pack. But then again, strangely, the two PBS stations in Atlanta are the ONLY two stations that aren't digital yet. I even get a local Univision channel digitally, but no PBS. :(

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discovery HD is a great channel for me, but I will admit they need to up the content. Insectia is a show I used to watch religiously, but they haven't shown a new episode since July of last year. Its weird. When I first got the channel almost everything on was "wow look at that". Now that I've seen the stuff they show, the "wow" factor has been lowered.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
I have found that DiscoveryHD is a whole lot better than time last year. Its used to repeat very badly, but now I find myself more inclined to watch it.

Stove, just delete the post and use the 500th over and over again. :D

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Ehhhh, the freakin guide always looks the same to me. I almost never bother..the thing is I know I wont ever truly miss anything cuz if by chance I might overlook something, I know there wont be any shortage of chances to catch it again.

Course for that matter you can say that about most all HD channels at this point.. HDNet, InHD, new releases on HBO/SHO.. whateva.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.