impact on red tube assembly bent the frame. Is this possible to fix? (

Bang it with hammer?
) Or can I use it as it is without problems on

focus?

Chris

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
I have a mechanic friend with a very large hydraulic press who has straightened out many bent steel items for me to perfection.You can probably easily find someone to do that for you

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Check out item 4400503032 over on fleebay... Seems Barco-specific, but it may work on your ecp...

(must........keep......straight.......face.......)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Percussion Maintenance....

If you've ever eBay'd Barco parts, you'll come across Barco-Pulaski american made forged tools (notably antique forest fire fighting axes.)

You know the one about the old guy, retired from a factory job, who is called back when an old machine fails? He looks over the machine for an hour or so, marks a spot with a piece of chalk, and whacks it with a hammer with all of his might. The machine begins operating again.

He then charges his former employer $50,000USD for the repair. When challenged about the cost, he responds "a dollar for the chalk mark, $49,999 for knowing where to put it."

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hey guys, that's Curt's hitech tube removal tool. Looks a lot like a hammer. Wonder if he knows it's missing and on EBay.

I would not hit that aluminum with a hammer or Curt's removal tool. Take Tom's advice and find a hydraulic press.

Walt

·
Registered
299 Posts
Chris, I've got a few of those frames laying around. I'll give you one if you pay the shipping.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Me too, I've got stock

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for the offer. But I remembered that I have one of those Barco-Percussion maintanence tool in my garage and decided give it a try. I thought the impact did bend the frame without break so If I give an impact in other direction it might correct the bend. So I laid down frame between two wood board and put a another wood board in the middle and gave it a whack :D And to my suprise, it bent little bit without any break. So after several minutes of careful hammering and measuring, I got nearly flat frame again (less than 1/32"). I think it won't affect the focus that much. ;)

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.