AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm doing a very simple 80 gig upgrade.

I set it up, and it all seemed to go just fine. Only thing is that I didn't have a Y-Connector for the replay. No big deal, I'll just buy it tomorrow and add it in later. So I put the machine back together, (left the ribbon connected to both drives) and powered up Replay with just the original drive plugged in...

It stalled out at first, and I had to take the ribbon out of the 2nd drive (which cured that). Unfortunately, what it looks like it did now is that it erased all my old programming but doesn't realize it did that...

When I got to live TV, although there should be a signal, I'm getting nothing...

So now it shows no available space, but no programs. What I think is happening is that since it doesn't have any space, I don't think it's recording the signal... so it doesn't show a picture. I tried to 777-zone it to clear that, but it said it failed, reboot and try again... so I did with no luck.

My question is: Is it necessary to have both drives hooked up for replayTV to function properly? If not, is there a way to "reclaim" that space on the drive? Anyone have this problem before?

Thanks!

C.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
On two drive hacks both drives need to be operational to boot up. I'm surprised the unit booted up at all.

Get the y power connector and go from there. You may have to do the two drive hack all over again. Worse comes to worse you'll lose all the shows but you'll get it running again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.