AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that a bad movie or pointless I heard too many pros and cons of the falcon. Though there was no issue with my old 360 I sold it for the falcon chipset.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,054 Posts
Depends on who you ask. Those with 12 RROD's will say it's smart move. Me with an Elite and still the same original 360 will say it was pointless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14321536


Is that a bad movie or pointless I heard too many pros and cons of the falcon. Though there was no issue with my old 360 I sold it for the falcon chipset.

if there's one thing in life i learned, if it ain't broke don't fix it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its up to you, but I was able to get 300 minus 50 for amazon commission and it costs like 15 to ship it after everything said and done i got 235 straight dollars after shiping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,258 Posts
Hey its your money.. either way your enjoying years of quality entertainment for about $300 bucks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,008 Posts
If you bought one on the $299 sale price, then I think you made a good move. You got HDMI, plus a more reliable system, and 3 more years of hardware warranty for about $65. not bad....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Tony /forum/post/14324079


If you bought one on the $299 sale price, then I think you made a good move. You got HDMI, plus a more reliable system, and 3 more years of hardware warranty for about $65. not bad....

forgot to say I sold it without hard drive
so once the new one comes in I plan to sell the hard drive from it and just insert my old hard drive. Figure I can sell it for like 80 bucks or something a 120giger. There was a deal in my local store where I got it from a new elite with two games inside it, lego star wars complete saga and lego indiana jones for 450 shipped no taxe!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,737 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing and upgrading to an elite.


Hell, if I can do that and get a falcon, I'm going to pull the trigger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts
I guess Im on the flip side. I think its utterly pointless. It still ended up costing you more money than just sticking with your current 360, and for what? Thats precisely why millions of Americans will never be "wealthy", because they blow money for no real reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio /forum/post/14325418


I guess Im on the flip side. I think its utterly pointless. It still ended up costing you more money than just sticking with your current 360, and for what? Thats precisely why millions of Americans will never be "wealthy", because they blow money for no real reason.

I disagree he went to a more reliable system and got HDMI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14325502


I disagree he went to a more reliable system

thats arguable
Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14325502


and got HDMI.

big deal? vga does the same hdmi does, and with a lot of sets the vga method is better, in reference to overscan and such.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio /forum/post/14325418


I guess Im on the flip side. I think its utterly pointless. It still ended up costing you more money than just sticking with your current 360, and for what? Thats precisely why millions of Americans will never be "wealthy", because they blow money for no real reason.

you must be in the wrong site because alot of avs forum members upgrade their video and sound systems each and every year. Look at all the folks who bought a PS3 just because it had solid snakes picture on the side and sold their old systems. Look at the PS3 folks again and ask them why they sold their old PS3 with a 90nm chip in it with a 65nm chip it this is AVS we are constantly upgrading for small reasons. I think its utterly pointless that your here at this site if thats your attitude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/14325588


thats arguable



big deal? vga does the same hdmi does, and with a lot of sets the vga method is better, in reference to overscan and such.

VGA does not carry sound like HDMI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14325655


VGA does not carry sound like HDMI.

yes, but the 360 doesnt fully utilize HDMI and new sound formats. you get the same with vga+toslink as you do with hdmi..... without needing to sidegrade to a falcon 360.


i'll take 1:1 pixel mapping over handshake issues and overscan, ANY day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14325651


you must be in the wrong site because alot of avs forum members upgrade their video and sound systems each and every year. Look at all the folks who bought a PS3 just because it had solid snakes picture on the side and sold their old systems. Look at the PS3 folks again and ask them why they sold their old PS3 with a 90nm chip in it with a 65nm chip it this is AVS we are constantly upgrading for small reasons. I think its utterly pointless that your here at this site if thats your attitude.

he wasn't arguing, he was agreeing, and like he said, this is precisely why most americans will never be wealthy... 90% of your comment is only proving his point further.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
What about those of us who don't have VGA inputs on our sets or don't want to use a screen under 40"? We moved up to an Elite because it had HDMI and because our first 360 RROD'd. Waiting 2 weeks for a new one was just too long to wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocktheglide /forum/post/14325651


you must be in the wrong site because alot of avs forum members upgrade their video and sound systems each and every year. Look at all the folks who bought a PS3 just because it had solid snakes picture on the side and sold their old systems. Look at the PS3 folks again and ask them why they sold their old PS3 with a 90nm chip in it with a 65nm chip it this is AVS we are constantly upgrading for small reasons. I think its utterly pointless that your here at this site if thats your attitude.

I wasnt trying to be mean about it or anything, but upgrading components to support your AV hobby is one thing....we all should have a hobby we splurge a little on or it wouldnt be living....but "upgrading" to something that has the exact same functionality just for the feel good of the specs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio /forum/post/14326243


I wasnt trying to be mean about it or anything, but upgrading components to support your AV hobby is one thing....we all should have a hobby we splurge a little on or it wouldnt be living....but "upgrading" to something that has the exact same functionality just for the feel good of the specs?

if thats the case no one would upgrade from core 2 duo to a quad core to a 8 core computer setup. Theres always a functionality to something and so its an, "upgrade" its like buying a 2gig cpu from amd vs a 2gig from intel would that a make a diff? is that an upgrade to me that is not and worthless, but going from old chip to falcon is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/14325829


yes, but the 360 doesnt fully utilize HDMI and new sound formats. you get the same with vga+toslink as you do with hdmi..... without needing to sidegrade to a falcon 360.


i'll take 1:1 pixel mapping over handshake issues and overscan, ANY day.




he wasn't arguing, he was agreeing, and like he said, this is precisely why most americans will never be wealthy... 90% of your comment is only proving his point further.

I like simplicity from one wire.....who cares if we are not rich. Anyone can be rich warren buffet already said. Did you know warren still lives in the first house he ever bought vs other americans who will buy house after house after house. the guy does NOT carry a cell phone, DOES not have a HDTV, DOES not a wireless phone, DOES not have a modern car. He invests in stable things like electricity, food, wood, etc.. not electronics stocks that yoyo. Again this is AVS forum not, "how to get rich forum" if your curious go over to ************** if you want to know how to become rich.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top