AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to space limitation, I can only pick 2 - Rythmik FV15 , SVS PB12-NSD and Dayton 18 inch MBM tuned to 35-40Hz

Definitely the FV15 would be first choice, so what would be your second choice?

Room is 1300 cubic feet

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Dude, this is the DIY section. I choose two diy subs(y)

Reactions: drewp29

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Wow $1000 for a pair of little SVS 12" subs. :)

Perhaps you posted in the DIY section by accident but you can get way more for your money with better performance here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
SVS is going to have the absolute worst return on investment. Being the DIY section; anything DIY will provide much more performance.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Not sure why he believed we would suggest anything other than diy:unsure:

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted it here as the the other forums might not be familiar with the Dayton 18 pro subs, plus the folks here seems to be more technical in nature :)
I already have all three subwoofers including the VBSS, the SVS sub was purchased used, so it is bang for the buck for what it can do. As for DIY vs commercial sub, I know it is cheaper and I can more performance after building the VBSS.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will be going with the Dayton PA-460 as an MBM, the SVS seems to be redundant as what it can do can be done by the Rythmik plus a lot more, while the Dayton PA460 will provide more mid bass kick

·
Registered
3,678 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Ok, makes sense now. It seems as if you've been struggling with this decision for quite some time now.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a struggle when you have more subs than your space can accommodate. I actually even have a Peerless XXLS driver waiting for a box, but at this rate, I may need to be creative on how I use it.

Ok, makes sense now. It seems as if you've been struggling with this decision for quite some time now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts