Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

the ATI-player 4.1 works fine for me with Win 98SE.

Now I have upgrate to XP.

When I want start the player, it show me this comment:

"audio device is in use or not installed"

What this means ?!

My system is a Radeon 32 DDR and Soundblaster Live with the newest XP-Driver. Pentium III 733 Mhz.

Under ATI Multimedia Center I find the System Compatibility Check.

When I start it, it says that there is a problem:

"Sound card with clock stability better than +/- 0.2%"

Can someone help me with this problem.

Please let me now.

Regards

Richard Schärer

This is really a gread forum !!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Windows XP and the ATI 4.1 player are not compatible due to DXVA coding, the new standard for DVD decoding set by Microsoft. You can get around this by disabling Hardware Acceleration in your player so that it runs in software mode only. If you have DVD Genie, and you should, then merely go into the Genie, click on the Cinemaster tab and uncheck Hardware Optimization. You then need to reboot and you should be okay. If you upgrade to the new 5.0 ATI player, you won't have this problem. The same holds true for other SW DVD players in that they are DXVA compliant. Only the new Theater Tek about to hit the market is not since it is based on the old ravisent decoder which is basically the same thing you are using in ATI 4.1

·
Registered
160 Posts
What Ati player 5.0? Do you have a link? Ati's website says the DVD player for XP will soon be announced, or is that just for Radeon all in wonder.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hallo Mike,

I triet DVD-Genie and uncheck the Hardware-optimation.

I`m not shure that it works! Can you give me the exactly registry-settings, so I can control it?

I also disable all DXVA-settings, witch I find!

There was one under ATI Multimedia and the other under system.

But it still not work!

Please help.

Regards

Richard Schärer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.