AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With recent price reductions and rebates, I can't decide which would be a better or more wise buy. My primary use will be for the likes of home theater with a little stereo listening as well.

The HK has a very strong amp section and the yammy has the new DPIIx software where as the 7200 has logic 7.

I'll be running either a 5.1 or a 6.1 setup (yet to be determined, more than likely 3 pairs of paradigm studio 20's).

Any have any ideas which would be better overall? Basically - should I bail out on the 7200 because it doesn't have DPIIx?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
What price are you getting the 7200 for, and where?

I have been considering the 1400. What I like about is YPAO. EzSet isn't in the same league as that. If upconversion of video is a point, 1400 does that too, don't think the 7200 does. After what I have read, it should be possible to haggle down the 1400 to about 650(+tax) at bm stores, and you can get it for around 600 including shipping, and no tax online, but the downside is that it isn't authorised, and no warranty usually.

-Tom

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a few authorized etailers have the 7200 for 800 (after rebate). I know it's slightly more than the 1400 (but not much). If it is considerably better then I will purchase the 7200, if not and dpiix is necessary - then I'll consider the 1400/2400.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Something to consider is if you're planning on upgrading by adding a separate amp later on or not. If not, I would lean towards the HK, since it has a very powerful (for a receiver) amp section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.