AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have search high and low across every brand, every type, all the specs, ive read a ton of reviews and ive gotten far, but not far enough.

At first I thoguht LED tvs werent giving me the best for my money, but i might be wrong here.

If I got a plasma the only one that suites my needs is the TC-P42g25 at ~$800

I was about to buy this when I realized I definitely did not give LCD a fair chance.

I use my tv for about 50% gaming, 40% tv and 10% movies

avg distance =6.5feet

max distance from tv=10 ft

room layout....(w=window)

|----w--tv--w--w---|

|

\\___couch____bed_|

As I said, i was 90% sure i was getting the g25 but then i had second thoughts and cant decide between the ultimate question of led,lcd, or plasma. =[

·
Registered
Display: TCL 65R617, AVR: Denon X2300W, Source: PS4 Pro, Fronts: Infinity Primus 250
3,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstn2524
I have search high and low across every brand, every type, all the specs, ive read a ton of reviews and ive gotten far, but not far enough.

At first I thoguht LED tvs werent giving me the best for my money, but i might be wrong here.

If I got a plasma the only one that suites my needs is the TC-P42g25 at ~$800

I was about to buy this when I realized I definitely did not give LCD a fair chance.

I use my tv for about 50% gaming, 40% tv and 10% movies

avg distance =6.5feet

max distance from tv=10 ft

room layout....(w=window)

|----w--tv--w--w---|

|

\\___couch____bed_|

As I said, i was 90% sure i was getting the g25 but then i had second thoughts and cant decide between the ultimate question of led,lcd, or plasma. =[
Well, ultimately as long as you stick to one of the top manufacturer's, you should be okay.

If you really can't decide try this: Flip a coin. Heads = Plasma. Tails = LCD. If LCD wins, then flip again, Heads = CCFL (standard LCD) Tails = LED.

I'm mostly kidding, but that might work for you as a last resort

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite
Well, ultimately as long as you stick to one of the top manufacturer's, you should be okay.

If you really can't decide try this: Flip a coin. Heads = Plasma. Tails = LCD. If LCD wins, then flip again, Heads = CCFL (standard LCD) Tails = LED.

I'm mostly kidding, but that might work for you as a last resort
From all that I keep looking at it ultimately is just a flip of the coin in the long run, and i dont like thatttt

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ultimately I just went with what I liked. Really thats all you can do. Use the reviews to make sure you aren't missing any major flaws.

I initially really liked the bright detailed picture of the led/lcds. But the more I thought about it, I just thought it would be too hard on the eyes for me. Once I narrowed it down to plasma I was just as confused trying to decide between samsung and panasonic. But again, I didnt like the more realistic look of the panasonics and I did like the pop of the samsungs.

In the end I ended up with a samsung plasma. If the G25 had bigger screens I would have strongly considered it, I dont think you can go wrong buying that tv.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.