AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject says it all! I'm trying to upgrade the firmware to 4.1 via USB and everything seems to work okay until I run the flash utility and it sits there waiting for connection. Do I need the CD to install anything else on my laptop in order for me to complete the upgrade and finally use this damn thing via VGA?

TIA,

·
Registered
271 Posts
No you don't need the CD. Make sure you have both keystone buttons on top of the projector held down before you start it up.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
If the lamp doesn't come on, then you got the projector in the right mode.

If the lamp is on, you aren't holding down the two keystone buttons long enough while you power it on. You can let go when the software makes a connection.

p.s. For obvious reasons, you can't use the projector as your computer monitor while you are doing a firmware upgrade.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nothing on the CD you need. Not to worry. :)

That is, of course, if you have your little manual which, itself, is fairly useless after one gets used to their X1.

Mike's (technut) FAQ is MUCH more valuable than the manual anyhow.

Ron Yost

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! Now all I need is a PS Player that this thing will recognize!! I thought 4.1 would take care of it but... I've checked cables, checked settings on player, made sure there are no other video cables connected on the player, made sure there are no switches on the player to toggle, etc.

Oh well, S-VHS it is!!

Thanks again, especially to Mike (technut) for his work on the X1 FAQ!

Later,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.