AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my oval dish today, and I get both the 101 and the 119 birds, but when I try to turn to HDnet I just get a blank screen. When I turn to 509, it says the program is unavalible in my area, and to consult the guide for other programing options. The channel display or the info box tells what program it is, so I am getting somthing. My reading for both birds are in the mid 80's to low 90's.

Please help me, I cant wait for HDnet.

Thanks again for all your help,

Fred

·
Registered
497 Posts
When all else fails, unplug the DST-3000 wait a few minutes, plug back in and turn the receiver on. You'll see the downloading programming message and when it's done go to 199. I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Al Keown

·
Registered
842 Posts
The only way you know if you have the right bird is to make sure you have spanish spoken on channel 400. If you have english your on the wrong one. And make sure you have oval selected.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I set it to Oval 2. I tried the restarting thing, but I will again. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks again, Fred

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have English on 400. Do I just keep sweeping the Azmiuth(sp?) until I get readings again on the 101 and 119 birds?

Thanks again, Fred

·
Registered
209 Posts
your multiswitch might be faulty. are the readings for 101 and 119 identical? if so, it's likely that your box is actually just seeing the readings for 101 and reporting them twice.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As with other Direct TV products...

try removing the access card (carefully) and reinserting (carefully). If you are subscribed, you should see the picture!

dan

·
Registered
454 Posts
Check the transponders in the signal strength. You should have a signal for both odd and even transponders for both satellites. If not, there is a wiring problem. It could be a switch, a LNB or just crossing the wires from the LNBs to the switch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Have you tried to scan the transponders on the 119 sat?

You should only see the last 8 or 10 transponders with

signals. If you are getting all the transponders with

signals, then you might have pointed it incorrectly.

Or no transponder signals at all indicating it is not

getting 119 sat.

Go to Menu/Installation/System_Test/Cable_Test

And then select sat 119.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Savageone79:
Have you signed up for service? You have to sign up to get either of those channels.
If he's getting English on channel 400 he is NOT seeing the 119 satellite at all.

Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.