AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people

I have just build a HTPC with a DG45FC mobo, 4GB of RAM and it's fantastic!! I have it conected into my Sharp LC-32X20E in 1080p and for now the image is perfect!!

The problem taht I have is that I cant hear anything from HDMI out (i have to hear the sound conecting via the frontal jack of sound). I have saw in the properties of dispositives in Windows XP SP3 the intel "high definition audio hdmi driver" is not installed but I cant find this driver.

Anyone can help me? Thanks!

PS: Sorry if my english sounds bad!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggor /forum/post/15445898

Hi people

I have just build a HTPC with a DG45FC mobo, 4GB of RAM and it's fantastic!! I have it conected into my Sharp LC-32X20E in 1080p and for now the image is perfect!!

The problem taht I have is that I cant hear anything from HDMI out (i have to hear the sound conecting via the frontal jack of sound). I have saw in the properties of dispositives in Windows XP SP3 the intel "high definition audio hdmi driver" is not installed but I cant find this driver.

Anyone can help me? Thanks!

PS: Sorry if my english sounds bad!!!

Yeah, just got the same board, good init!

You can get the drivers from intels .com support site

(search there for dg45fc).

Once installed double click the IDT audio taskbar icon bottom right. In the app on the left there is an "HDMI device" button, click it. Now in the HDMI page select "set as default playback device". If that isnt right (Im in Vista) have a look at control panel and sound settings for auidio output device.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPhooey2 /forum/post/15509272

Yeah, just got the same board, good init!

You can get the drivers from intels .com support site

(search there for dg45fc).

Once installed double click the IDT audio taskbar icon bottom right. In the app on the left there is an "HDMI device" button, click it. Now in the HDMI page select "set as default playback device". If that isnt right (Im in Vista) have a look at control panel and sound settings for auidio output device.

Thanks friend!

I have just installed it but the HDMI device button that you said doesnt appear!! As you can see in thats pictures I have only two devices IDT1 and IDT2. Maybe I will install Vista but I prefer XP really.

The problem is that dawm High definition audio drivers that doesnt seems exist in XP

Any more idea!??? Thank you

·
Registered
4,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeggor /forum/post/15523321

Thanks friend!

I have just installed it but the HDMI device button that you said doesnt appear!! As you can see in thats pictures I have only two devices IDT1 and IDT2. Maybe I will install Vista but I prefer XP really.

The problem is that dawm High definition audio drivers that doesnt seems exist in XP

Any more idea!??? Thank you

The HDMI Audio drivers are bundled with the graphics drivers. If you extract them with WinZip you should see an entire HDMI subdirectory and that's where you can point Device Manager.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibael /forum/post/15523941

The HDMI Audio drivers are bundled with the graphics drivers. If you extract them with WinZip you should see an entire HDMI subdirectory and that's where you can point Device Manager.

I'll test it tomorrow and I'll tell you something in the next days!

Very Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its done just like you said the Intel HDMI audio drivers are in the integrated video drivers in the HDMI folder, then i had to install it manually and now everything its fine!!!

Thank you very much!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Running the same board and outputting through HDMI to Sharp Auquos... However i am running Linux - Ubuntu 9.10, and can not receive audio through HDMI has anyone come across this?

Help is greatly appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.