AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any1 know of a device that will delay a radio broadcast? I cant take Joe,Tim and now Al doing Yankee games

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Some use a PVR.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Some use a PVR.
A pvr for radio? would you know where i could purchase one ?

tivo audio inputs for radio?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam this game is a nailbiter :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dapope

There are timeshifting solutions for XM. It involves some hardware and a lot of loose change to synch up the audio with the video. If you did your homework now, you might get it in time for WS. I personally can't justify such a set-up; but, it is not to say that it is not without merit.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have timetrax, what i need is a device that can delay my local am radio broadcast, so i can listen to them, rather than fox tv

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Quote:

If you have a non-DirecTV Tivo, you can take the radio output and put it to the audio input of the composite inputs on the TiVo. Put any video source in the video input. Then turn to a satellite channel so that it goes to the external input, and take the audio output from the TiVo to your stereo, while using the HD video on your monitor. It's not easy, but I've done it, and it might be worth it in this case.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
i have timetrax, what i need is a device that can delay my local am radio broadcast, so i can listen to them, rather than fox tv
Sorry, I was thinking ESPN Radio.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by loadams
Now, after a few years have passed, Costas & Morgan weren't so bad, were they?
atleast they could get the players names right.. mccarver is just awful with his brandon arroyo type comments.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
good thread. it seems the audio must be streamed and delayed.

i want also to delay AM radio feed to match my hd video signal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Some use a PVR.
you'd feed the AM radio into the PVR then listen to the PVR audio and the video of the live game i guess.

problem i need my PVR to watch HD baseball :(

any other suggestions?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Why not send it through your surround system, and disconnect or otherwise null the volume of your center speaker? From what I have seen around here the announcers onHD game braodcast are solely center speaker and don't appear elsewhere.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bfadams

Any idea on a parts list. Is this easy to make from RS stock? Has anyone tried or is this too complicated.
I haven't used/made one. I was just looking for such gadgets on the web.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lmplot
Why not send it through your surround system, and disconnect or otherwise null the volume of your center speaker? From what I have seen around here the announcers onHD game braodcast are solely center speaker and don't appear elsewhere.
The radio broadcast is about 4 seconds ahead of the tv video.

·
Registered
100 Posts
FORGET all of this junk.

Go to MusiciansFriend.com

Look into a device called a "delay." You can get delay pedals for $100. Stereo delay is a little different, you might need 2 pedals or a slightly more expensive multi-effects combo.

You just route L & R into the delay, dial the delay (wet) level to 10, repeats to 1 and the dry signal to 0. This way, you only get the delayed signal. Many of the processors out there can do anywhere from 1.5s up to 5s worth of delay.

It's essentially an echo producing box where you set it to not pass through the initial sound and only one echo repeat a few seconds later.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.